16 - But It Wasn't a Dream

When I awoke the next morning, I reached across the bed, feeling for Colt with my eyes shut tight

When I awoke the next morning, I reached across the bed, feeling for Colt with my eyes shut tight. Suddenly I wondered if it had been a dream. Did I really ask Colt to take me to bed? God he was wearing me down. 

I sighed and then stretched, throwing my feet over the side of the bed. When I pulled my bedroom door open, I was met with a surprised Colt. "Morning," he grinned shyly. 

I blinked up at him with a smile of my own, appreciating the way he leaned against the door frame in nothing but a pair of thin, gray joggers. His muscular "v" was on display, along with his bulging biceps as he crossed his arms over his chest. "In a hurry?" he mused as his eyes scanned me from head to toe.

"Just need the bathroom," I grinned back, suddenly aware of my braless chest still clad in the tank top and shorts from the night before. The way Colt's eyes kept lowering to my chest and back to my face had me worrying about how much he could see. I nervously tugged on the hem of my tank and hoped it was covering me. 

Colt grabbed my hand and chuckled. "Don't worry, butterfly. I like what I see."

I held back an 'awe' and tried to move past him before he could see how his words made me blush. His hand curled around my waist as I inched by him. "Don't be long. I have a surprise."

"Surprise?" I echoed.

"Yeah," he laughed, turning to head back to the kitchen. 

I ducked into the bathroom to use the toilet and freshen up a little. I had slept so hard and it showed on my face. I crept back into my room to get dressed but was surprised to find Colt sitting up against the headboard. "Come on," he urged, waving me over to join him.

It was then I noticed the tray of food large enough to cover our laps. "I woke up starved," he explained as we began to tuck into our meal. 

"You're spoiling me," I commented between bites of pancakes. "I never ate this much when I lived alone."

"Your boyfriend never cooked you breakfast," Colt fired off before shooting me a look of regret. "Sorry. That's none of my business."

I shrugged. "No big deal. But no. He never...he just...didn't sleep over."

Colt nodded slowly and I could see the smirk he was trying so hard to hide. "So what you're saying is...I'm the only guy you've slept with. Spent the night with?" he quickly amended.

"Yeah...but I had sex with Chase and you and I haven't done that…"

"Yet."

I swallowed thickly, aware of the heat between us, even without his words. Our thighs were touching under the tray and our shoulders we connected as well. "Here," he murmured, holding up a strawberry to my lips. He never looked away from my mouth as I took a bite. I could feel a bit of the juice drip down to my chin and I watched his eyes as they followed the rivulet.