Thats my calling

Abbie followed jays car to mollys as the rest of the unit met them there. She hopped out and grabbed her radio since she was still on call, just like always. He opened the door for her, "thanks" she smiled and stepped inside, the happy mood immediately hit her in the face. She saw the unit sat at a table so she walked over to them and sat down next to Kim, jay sat down opposite her.

"None of us knew hank had a daughter" Kevin smiled. Abbie laughed, "well I'm not biological or anything, he adopted me when I was younger" she smiled and summed their relationship up. Jay nodded at her, "so you're swat?" He smiled. Abbie laughed, "yeah, I was a detective for LAPD but I transferred to swat" she smiled. Jay raised his eyebrows, "detective huh? Why'd you stop?" He smiled. Abbie scrunched up her nose, "I wanted a change, being a detective in LA isn't exactly ideal. Most of the cases we got were unsolvable" she sighed. Jay nodded, "so you were in LA? What made you move back?" He smiled. Abbie tilted her head, "I got a job offer in Chicago swat, besides, this is my home. LA is literally living hell" she laughed. Jay laughed too.

"That's enough talking about me, what about you?" She took a sip from her soda, she couldn't drink since she knew this time was when her team could get called out most.  Jay laughed, "well unfortunately there isn't much to my life, I moved to Chicago when I was 5 and not long after that I joined the police academy. Before that I was in the rangers" he smiled. Abbie raised her eyebrows, "military huh? I guess I wanna say thanks for your service but not every veteran likes that" she smiled. Jay laughed, it was common for people not to know how to respond. He just nodded thankfully. He watched her as she listened into the rest of the units backstory, she got to know them all.

She was sat joking away and talking about hank with the team, especially jay, before her radio made a static noise. Jay looked down at it as she picked it up and switched it onto main, "swat to main, barricade situation. Stand by" the dispatch caller spoke out. "Copy" Abbie replied back and waited for a positive. She looked at jay who was smiling at her, she widened her eyes jokingly as she waited for the response, jay let out a small laugh. "Positive swat, report" the dispatch caller spoke after a few seconds. Abbie sighed and got off the stool, "that's my calling, I'll see you around" she tapped the table and smiled at them all before running out of mollys bar. Jay smiled and watched her leave as the unit waved her off.

                  Abbie got to the station she worked at before some of the others did so she quickly geared up and loaded her guns, whenever there was a barricade situation she usually took position as a sniper or as a main shooter behind the shields.  Today she was a shooter, that meant she'd be moving into the building when they were needed. 

               They rolled up to the scene in their AVF and hopped out, "there's two shooters on the west side window, three on the top south window, two downstairs and 5 victims inside" another Sargent from a normal unit caught them up to speed.  "Alright, move in" their Sargent spoke sternly.  The swat team huddled up and approached the building while remaining shielded, Abbie was moving slowly as she squatted down, her arms were moving around with her rifle aimed upwards at the windows for protection.  They blew the door down with a clean shot and moved in before padding out in the house, "SWAT! Do not move!" Abbie shouted at the two men stood in the downstairs window.  They sighed and dropped their guns before standing there with their hands in the air, "two offenders in custody Sarge" she spoke through her radio as another swat member detained the second offender. 

                  "Move out" their Sargent gave them the go ahead once he heard about the other offenders being detained.  Abbie pushed her resisting arrestee down the stairs of the house as he huffed and swore at her, she handed him over to the nearby officers and walked over to her Sargent.  "Good work guys, head back then go home" he nodded to them all.  They all nodded and put the safety on their rifles as they got back into the AVF.  They got back to the station then unsuited ready to go home, and that's what they did.  Abbie drove home, today was a good day, she was finally home at last.