That'd be creepy

Later that evening Abbie was let out but she was obviously still on call, she had arranged dinner with hank at his house so she drove to her childhood home and sat outside until she saw his car pull up. It didn't take long for him to get home so she got out of her truck when he got out of his and walked over to him, "hey you" Hank smiled and pulled her into a hug from the side. She smiled, "its been a long time since I've been back here" she laughed as Hank unlocked the door of his home. He laughed and nodded, they both stepped inside and Abbie smiled, "I remember everything" she laughed and looked around at the house, it hadn't changed one bit.

Hank smiled, "me too kiddo" he laughed, "I would make food but I was thinking more like old times, take out?" He smiled again. Abbie laughed, "just like old times alright" she nodded. Hank laughed and grabbed out his phone, "I would offer you a beer..." he smiled and got one out for himself. Abbie laughed, "I'm good, I'm still going strong. I think yesterday was actually my official date for being 15 years sober" she smiled. Hank stood in the kitchen doorframe with a coke in his hand for her, "I'm proud of you, I always knew you could do it" he smiled. Abbie smiled back as he walked over to the couch, he handed her the coke and pulled out his phone to order Chinese, "thanks" she smiled and opened it.

The pair ate Chinese and watched films all evening, it was nice for them to be reunited again after hank became the father she never had as a child. It got till around 10pm and she had been there 3 hours, "I better head out, thanks for everything" she smiled. Hank stood up with her, "anytime kiddo, I've missed having you around" he nodded, the pair walked over to the door and he opened it for her, "you need anything you just call me" he smiled as she walked down the path of his road. "I will don't worry" she smiled and waved as he closed the door. Hank had a spot open on his unit and he was looking to fill it, he was gonna start looking down the long list of officers in his own district but he really wanted Abbie on his unit, he just didn't know if she would take it.

Abbie got home and walked up to her door, she had bought a nice house to settle into, but she was still in the process of unpacking everything. She opened the door to be greeted by her dog, "hey big girl" she smiled and crouched down to greet the giddy animal. She laughed and put her jacket on the hook by the door before walking into the kitchen to give her a fresh drink of cold water and a treat or two. She was about to settle down on the couch but the door bell rang, she got up as her dog stood by the wall protectively, "it's okay" Abbie held her hand out to the dog, she howled quietly but stopped at the end of the wall like she had been signalled to do.

"Jay...come in" she smiled and opened the door for him. She didn't expect to see him at all, "what're you doing here?" She closed the door behind him. Jay laughed, "I'm here to say thanks for saving my ass today, so, thanks" he smiled and held out a box of chocolates. She laughed and accepted them, "you didn't have to, but thanks" she smiled. She raised her eyebrow, "how'd you find out where I live?" She smiled and leant against the door. Jay laughed, "I could be that guy and say I just know, but that'd be creepy. Erik told me, I used to be in the rangers with him" he smiled. Abbie laughed, "smart" she nodded. She worked with Erik since they were in the unit together, she went to say something but her radio made the static buzzing noise.

She ran over to get it and switched it to main, "swat stand by, possible armed terrorist attack coming through" the dispatch caller notified her. Jay smiled and got ready to leave in case she needed to dash, "copy" Abbie replied. She didn't have to wait long before the lady replied back, "scrap the call, situations debunked" the radio cut off. Abbie smiled and put her radio back down, she didn't have to go anywhere. "You want a drink?" She smiled at jay, he smiled back, "sure" he nodded.

He hung his jacket up and walked into the kitchen where she was stood, he went to say something but he saw the black dog sat by her legs protectively, "woah, I would say cute dog but it looks like it's gonna bite my head clean off" he stopped at the kitchen island.

                 Abbie turned around with a beer in her hand for jay and a sprite in her other hand for herself, "she's harmless if you stay on her good side, don't worry about her

Abbie turned around with a beer in her hand for jay and a sprite in her other hand for herself, "she's harmless if you stay on her good side, don't worry about her. Jet stand down" she sighed at the slightly growling dog. The dog huffed and flopped to the floor waiting for belly rubs, Abbie handed jay the beer and shook her head at the dog on the floor as she rubbed her belly. Jay laughed, "where'd you get her?" He looked down at the now calm dog as it approached him, he held out his hand and she let him stoke her, "she used to be apart of swat when we needed her but she's 4 now which is too old for a dog in action, so I took her in" she smiled at the interaction between the two.

Jay nodded, "is she a pitbull?" He looked up at her. Abbie smiled, "she looks like one but not quite, she's a cane corso" she raised an eyebrow. Jay nodded, the dog was like a painting, she had silky black fur and her legs were pure muscle. "So she could kill me..." he widened his eyes. Abbie laughed, "if she wanted to, but it looks like she likes you already" she looked down at jet as she sat in front of jays legs. Jay looked down and smiled, "fine by me" he joked. Abbie laughed and took a sip from her sprite, jay noticed she didn't get a beer like him.

"You don't drink?" He tilted his head as he sat down on a stool. Abbie smiled and leant against the counter, "nope, not for me" she sighed. Jay nodded, "you don't have to talk about it..." he frowned. Abbie looked up at him, "if we're gonna be saving each other's asses out there I might as well tell you about my past" she smiled. Jay smiled back and chuckled at her humour before nodding to let her carry on. Abbie took a small breath before beginning, "my dad got arrested for possession and murder when I was a kid, I got put into the system but it didn't really go too well. I turned to drinking then I ran away when I was 14, I stayed on the streets for a few nights until hank found me while he was working a case, he adopted me. I had a drinking problem for around a year after her took me in so I like to stay away from alcohol unless it's a special occasion" she smiled. She left out the abuse part since that was a part of her last she didn't really like to tell, that scarred her and she was still dealing with the PTSD of it till this very day.

Jay frowned at her rough story, "you two have a good bond huh?" He smiled. Abbie smiled back, "yeah, he's like the dad any kid would want" she nodded. Jay smiled, they moved the mini meeting over to the couch and watched a film as they talked about anything and everything, jet was sat on the floor in between them the whole time. It got till around 12am when jay decided to call it a night, "I'll see you around" he smiled as they walked over to the door. He grabbed his jacket and put it on but when he turned around the dog jumped up at him, "oh yeah, I'll see you too bud" he smiled and rubbed her chest. Abbie laughed, her little giggle and smile was contagious, "see you later" she smiled and closed the door behind him. She smiled at jet and decided to head off to bed since she had work the next day still.