She saved my ass

The next day started off normal for everyone, Abbie and her unit were sat awaiting on any action and Hanks unit were doing the same only they had a case to be working.

"Halstead you're going under, there's a deal going down in an old church in one hour" hank walked into the bullpen. Jay nodded and got up to go over a plan with the team, once they were done he headed off to the locker room to change and get ready for his undercover deal.

When jay arrived at the church he scoffed, it couldn't be any more ironic that he was about to make a drug deal in a place of worship. He checked the time, "you're good to go" Kevin spoke into his radio. Jay nodded to himself then put his radio in the glovebox of his undercover car, he got out and locked the doors before walking over to the church with a bag of money in his hands. "Ahhh, Ryan am I right?" The Italian man stood at the alter and smiled at jay as he walked down the aisle, "that's me, I must say man. Why the church?" He smiled back as he stood opposite him. The man laughed, "maybe we can pray for our sins when we're done, nah I'm just kidding. It's the only place that's secure around here" he joked. Jay laughed and nodded, "I get it, so you got the dope?" He smiled falsely.

The man nodded, "I do, it's right here. You got the cash?" He looked at the bag. Jay pulled up the bag and unzipped it, "it's all here, count it if you like" he offered the bag to him. The man laughed, "oh we will" he nodded. Jay screwed up his face, "we? Who's we? I thought you said solo?" He sighed. The man fiddled with a tooth pick, "I said solo for you, I always have my guys with me" he raised his eyebrows as two muscular men came out from the curtains. Jay sighed, this was going south very quickly.

Before they could exchange products so the team could move in and make the bust the man pulled out a gun on jay, "you seem a little tense, I'm not sure you are who you say you are" he sighed. Jay looked at the gun, "come on man, I'm solid" he lied. The man laughed, "yeah well, we'll see about that, but you're not leaving till I'm positive on you" he rolled his eyes. The two men that had counted the cash nodded at the man to let him know it was all there, "so you're just gonna keep me hostage? You're men said it themselves, the cash is there" jay sighed. The man laughed, "If you want to be a hostage you can be, but you're not leaving just yet" he scoffed. That was just fantastic, jay was in a hostage situation.

Hank had heard the deal go south, "everyone stand down, they're armed. I'll call in swat" he sighed. He pulled out his phone and don't what needed to.
Hank: "this is Sargent hank Voight from intelligence, I need swat to our location now. We've got a hostage situation"
Dispatch: "copy that Sargent"

Abbie was sat on the couch watching the hockey game when their Sargent walked out, "we've got a hostage situation let's go" he ordered. They all got up and put their gear on before they hopped into their AVF and drove to the location. When they got there she immediately saw hank and his unit, "what's the deal?" The Sargent walked over to hank. Hank sighed, "my detectives being held hostage, so far we've only heard of three armed offenders, there could be more but we haven't got eyes" he looked over at the other Sargent then smiled at Abbie quickly. She smiled back and looked at the unit stood nearby, she realised jay wasn't there, he was the one being held hostage.

The Sargent nodded, "alright, Davis, sanders. I want you two up high, if you get the shots take them. The rest of you get ready to move in" he turned to his officers. They all nodded, Abbie and Matt got ready with their snipers, she put her cap on to block out the sun since she would need full vision and made her way up to the building on the right where she could get eyes inside the building. She positioned herself on the edge of the building where she could see inside the church, she could see jay and two other men through the window on the top of the church wall. She got ready to take the shots when she got a good visual on them, "sanders I've got eyes on the bald offender, I can take the shot" she spoke into her radio. Sanders replied straight away, "take it, I've got no visual" he said before the radio cut out.

The bald guy was the drug dealer who was waving a gun around in jays face, before she could take a shot she saw the rest of her swat team moving in through the door at the front of the church. Before she saw the bald guy hold the gun to jays head she saw Miller shoot the two other guys, she knew she had to take the shot now so she did. She pulled the trigger and it hit him right in the middle of his head.

She took her cap off as she saw him drop to the floor and let out the breath she was holding, jay jumped at the sudden bullet that flew past his head as it hit the offender. He caught his breath back then looked at the open window to his right, he smiled when he saw Abbie laying on the edge of the building above them with her sniper aimed at the man, she smiled back at him before packing up her sniper and standing up. Jay watched her walk away on the roof of the building before hank walked down the aisle of the church, "you okay?" He grabbed jays shoulder. Jay sighed and smiled, "I'm good, she saved my ass though" he raised his eyebrows. Hank knew he was talking about Abbie since he watched her take the shot from his car, he smiled and nodded before they both left the church.

When they got outside they saw Abbie stood with sanders and their Sargent waiting for the rest of swat to clear out of the church, jay flashed Abbie a quick thankful smile as she stood there holding her rifle down by her legs. She nodded at him and smiled at hank before the rest of swat joined them. "Head out" hank said to his unit. They all smiled and nodded before they got into their cars. The swat team were still debriefing since they needed to clear the scene.