What're you gonna do about it?

Abbie woke up early the next morning since she needed to head over to her old station to drop her gear off, she honestly couldn't wait to become a detective again, she knew deep down that's what she always wanted to be. She jumped out of the shower and threw on some plain clothes, she would not miss the uncomfortable uniform from swat that's for sure, she picked out something casual yet suitable to work in.

  She jumped out of the shower and threw on some plain clothes, she would not miss the uncomfortable uniform from swat that's for sure, she picked out something casual yet suitable to work in

                She put on her black doc Martin boots which would now become her work boots and grabbed her badge and phone along with the bag she had packed up for the swat team.  She ran out of her house and jumped in here car, of course she didn't forget to give jet a few treats before she left. 

                "Davis! Congrats on the job offer, we'll miss you around here" Erik smiled as she appeared in plain clothes.  Abbie smiled, "I miss you all too, can you give this to him, it's got my radio, gear basically everything he owns in it. I'm kinda on a tight schedule" she checked her phone for the time.  Matt nodded, "see you around loser" he shouted as she walked off.  Abbie waved her hand in the air as she disappeared out of the building.  She got back in her car and drove to her new family.

                "Here's your gun, it's from the fresh batch" trudy smiled and slid it across the front desk.  Abbie laughed, "crisp" she joked and placed her fingers on the iPad.  Trudy stood there and added her into the system, "it's should be on" she smiled and nodded.  Abbie smiled and nodded back before waking over to the gate and putting her hand on the scanner, her finger print worked so she put her thumbs up at trudy then wandered up into the bullpen.  She was just in time. 

              "Here she is, welcome to the family" Kevin greeted her as if she'd never seen them before.  She laughed and smiled at him before hand walked out, "you're partners with Halstead, we've got a case already" he nodded and pointed to her desk.  Abbie smiled and nodded before walking over to jay, they both collided fists as a friendly greeting before Abbie clipped her badge and gun into her belt and listened into the briefing.  "We've got an offender in the wind, two counts of murder and popped for possession twice. He was let out of statesville on patrol for good behaviour. He's linked to the brutal murder of 7 year old Xavier Lewis, we have two suspects, David Ramirez and his girlfriend Layla stevens" hank summed up and placed pictures on the board.

                 He looked over at jay and Abbie, "we have an active location on the girlfriend as we speak, I want you two to snatch her up" he nodded and sent them the location.  The new partners jumped off their desks and grabbed their jackets before nodding and walking out of the bullpen.  Jay drove in his SUV, "so we're partners now, that's fun. That also means we'll be saving each other's asses more often" he smiled as he drove smoothly across the road.  Abbie laughed, "lucky me" she smiled at him.  Jay laughed as they pulled up outside of a coffee shop, "there she is" Abbie located the suspect.  Jay nodded and they hopped out of the car.

               "Layla Stevens, Chicago PD" Abbie walked over to her, the women just slightly younger then Abbie stopped and gave her a dirty look, "what's yo nasty ass want?" She scoffed.  Abbie rolled her eyes and grabbed her arms, "you're under arrest on suspicion of the murder of a 7 year old boy, you have the right to remain silent..." she explained her rights and cuffed her up.  The women shook her head as Abbie pushed her towards the back of jays car, jay opened the door as Abbie aided her up the step.  He smiled at his partner and they both got in the front and drove back to the district.

               Hank nodded as the pair reappeared in the bullpen, "you wanna take a run at her?" He smiled at them both.  The pair looked at each other and nodded, "alright she's set up" hank smiled.  The pair nodded and put their guns in the safe before walking over to the interrogation room with files in their hands.  Hank stood in the viewing room to watch his daughter and her new partner work for the first time in ages.

               "I'm Abbie and this is my partner jay..." Abbie sat down opposite Layla.  The girl scoffed, "I don't care what ya names are, I ain't talking to some skank and her boy toy" she smirked at them.  Abbie raised her eyebrows at jay then looked back over at Layla, "you might wanna drop that attitude Layla" she sighed and put her elbows on the table.  Layla smiled in amusement, "oh yeah?" She laughed.  Abbie slouched in her chair, "I mean look where you are, we can easily add a few more charges to your file" she looked her dead in the eye.  Layla looked at jay who was sat with his eyebrow raised, he let Abbie take over since she was clearly handling it just fine, "you needn't look at me" he smiled falsely.

                  Layla rolled her eyes and shot her focus back to Abbie, "like I said I ain't talking to no skank" she scoffed.  Jay shook his head and stood up as Abbie tilted her head at her, jay walked over to the wall by the door and folded his arms while looking at the suspect in boredom.  "You're not helping yourself" Abbie shook her head.  Layla laughed, "what're you gonna do about it? Huh?" She got cocky.  Abbie ignored her and threw her head back to look at the ceiling, "are you deaf?" Layla spoke after a few moments of silence.  Jay looked at his partner in confusion since she was quiet, "nope, I'm just thinking of all the things I'm gonna do about it" she smiled at the ceiling. 

                  Jay couldn't suppress the small smirk that was forming in the corners of his mouth as he looked through the two way glass knowing hank was on the other side, Abbie was good at this.  Hank was stood on the other side of the glass laughing to himself, it was obvious he had raised her. 

                 Layla narrowed her eyes at her as Abbie brought her head back down to look her dead in the eyes, "which is what?" She turned serious.  Abbie sat up straight in her chair, "well I could lock your ass up in statesville now, or I could get you to talk and I could maybe make you a deal" she looked over at jay who was nodding in confirmation.  Layla rolled her eyes, "nah you're just joking around" she laughed.  Abbie stood up, "i don't see no joke,  besides, it's not my life I'm juggling around with. It's yours, bitch..." she leant forward in her face before looking her up and down and leaving with jay.   Layla was now all alone in the interrogation room, hank could see her considering what Abbie just said but she shook her head and looked down so hank walked out to join them in the hallway.