She needs space

The next morning was rough, Abbie was up most of the night with flashbacks and ptsd terrors, no matter how hard she tried she couldn't sleep too well, what Tyler did yesterday must've triggered it.  She was already awake when her alarm sounded, jet somehow knew how to calm her down when she woke up crying or screaming so when she swung her legs over the side of her bed there she was, curled up by the bed.  She smiled and tiptoed over her so she didn't wake her up before going to the bathroom to see how dead she looked, she groaned when she stood in the mirror and saw herself. 

                   She rarely wore makeup since she didn't need it but today she was gonna at least have to wear concealer since she looked like she belongs in a Tim burton film.  She put her concealer back in her makeup bag and looked back in the mirror, it would have to do, she strolled back into the bedroom to change into clothes.  She threw on some black jeans with a white shirt and put her black doc Martin boots on.  Jet was awake by now so she followed Abbie downstairs and into the kitchen, Abbie made herself a strong coffee and gave jet a few treats before grabbing her badge, gun and jacket and heading off to work.

She strolled into the bullpen yawning, it was only Kevin, jay and hank there since she was a little early. Hank looked at her weirdly, she was always lively and bubbly but today she looked like she hadn't slept in a month. He walked over to her and the pair met in the middle of the aisle, jay was looking at the pair as they started whispering to each other, "is it getting bad again?" Hank looked down at her in worry. Abbie shook her head, "it was only once or twice last night, I'm fine don't worry" she lied, it was an all night deal. Hank nodded sadly and placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder, "if you need anything let me know" he smiled and squeezed her shoulder. Abbie smiled and nodded, "I will" she sighed. They pair walked away to do whatever they needed to, she walked over to her desk and put her jacket on the back of her chair.

As she leant against jays desk he looked up at her and scooted closed on his chair, "you okay?" He frowned. Abbie looked down with a small smile, "uh yeah, yeah I'm fine" she nodded. Jay smiled sadly since he knew something was up, he just didn't want to push her, she would tell him when she was ready if it was important.  Hank gave them their briefing but they didn't have a case yet so they were just sat in the bullpen doing random stuff, trudy strolled up and stopped at the top of the stairs, "Davis there's a Christopher on the phone for you" she looked over at Abbie.  Abbies face dropped, hank came out into the bullpen, "uhm, what line?" Abbie spoke shakily.  Trudy nodded, "1" she smiled and walked off. 

                  Abbie shot her head up to hank in confusion, he looked at her and nodded his head before walking into his office, Abbie got up and followed him inside.  Jay watched the pair in worry, he knew something was seriously wrong.  The door closed behind them, "what could he possibly want this time?" Abbie sighed.  Hank shook his head, "use my phone, I don't know" he pulled the chair out for her.  Abbie sat down on his chair and clicked line one, "dad?" She sighed as she put him on speaker so hank could hear.
Chris: "hey baby, how you doing?"
Abbie: "don't call me that, what do you want?"
Chris: "oh come on abs, Can a father not call his daughter for a catch up?"
Abbie: "not after what you did, besides you only ever call when you want something, so what do you want?"
Chris: "well I've been thinking, I'm being put up for parole soon..."
Abbie: "you're what?"
Chris: "yeah baby, I'm getting out soon..."
Abbie: "dad stop calling me that"
Chris: "oh fine, we'll I've been thinking. How about we start fresh? You know, re-write our story..."
Hank: "Chris don't you think you've done enough"
Chris: "ugh he's there?"
Abbie: "yeah dad, yeah he is"
Chris: "he isn't your father abs..."
Abbie: "don't you dare, he's more of a dad then you'll ever be to me"
Chris: "say what you want, I'll always be your dad. But like I said, I'm getting released soon, so I'll see you around"

                  Abbie said nothing and just hung up the phone, "parole? Really?" She sighed.  Hank shook his head, "the systems corrupt, he ain't gonna see you around. I'll make sure of that, you okay?" Hank shook his head again but picked up on her anger.  Abbie sighed, "I just need a minute, to take it all in" she ran her fingers through her hair.  Hank nodded as he watched her leave his office.  She quickly walked through the bullpen and into the locker room as the unit watched her, jay saw the angry tears forming in her eyes as she strolled off so he went to follow but hank stopped him, "jay..." he shook his head and put his hand out.  Jay looked at him as he looked just as pissed off, "she needs space right now" he added and walked down stairs out of the bullpen.  Jay sat back down and rubbed his mouth, who's Christopher? And why has his call made her like this?

                  Abbie walked into the locker room and closed the door behind her, her dad was getting out of jail after all he had done, not only to her but to the family of the 7 year old boy he murdered.  She didn't want to face the truth, that he would find a way to wriggle back into her life when she was finally back on track.  She slumped down into the bench and ran her hands through her hair, nothing was ever simple. She stood up and looked into the mirror as she leant against the sink, why her? Why did everything have to go wrong? She shook herself off and walked back out into the bullpen where everyone was looking at her, jay smiled at her sadly so she smiled back and headed off into the break room. Jay let her be since hank said she needed space.

An hour passed and hank finally reappeared, "we've got a case, where's Abbie?" He looked around. Jay nodded to the break room, "she's in there, I'll go get her" he smiled and stood up. Hank nodded and walked into his office to get a few extra things. Jay wandered into the break room to see Abbie sleeping on the couch but it looked like she was having a nightmare, like how jay would be when he was having a ptsd attack. He frowned and carefully placed a hand on her arm, she shot up and put her arms out defensively ready to throw punches at him. "Woah it's me, you okay?" He put his arms out. Abbie sat back on the couch and rubbed her face, "yeah, I'm fine. We got a case?" She looked at him tiredly. Jay nodded, "yeah we have..." he looked at her in worry. Abbie nodded and stood up, "let's go" she tapped his arm before they both walked over to their desks.