Let me do it

*two weeks later*

                "You're killing me..." jay laughed as he shook his head at his partner.  Abbie scoffed, "so you admit that I'm right? Chocolate does go in the fridge!" She laughed.  Jay shook his head, "it most definitely does not" he tilted his head but before the pair could finish's their debate and finish being the only entertainment the unit had, hank walked out holding a file.  They all turned serious and sat up in their chairs.

              "We got a shooting" he summed up and placed some pictures onto the board.  "Two female and five male DOA's were uncovered at the scene, there's three offenders in the wind. We need to crack this case before anyone else can get shot" he huffed.  The team nodded, "talk to your CI's it looks gang related, someone knows something" he sighed moodily and walked off.  They all nodded and contacted their CI's from their undercover phones.  It wasn't long before half a dozen replies started flooding through, "he doesn't wanna deliver it over text...navy pier in 10 minutes" jay huffed and looked over at Abbie.  She nodded back, "got it. Mines denying he knows anything so I'm lost..." she shrugged. The rest of the team nodded, "us too, we've got nothing" Kevin sighed.

"Alright then, Halstead and Davis you two go see what he's gotta say" hank waved them off before going back into hibernation.  The partners nodded and grabbed their stuff before plodding down the stairs and into jays SUV.  After a 5 minute drive they pulled up at the end of navy pier to see jays CI already stood waiting for them.  "Well hello beautiful lady" jays CI whistled at Abbie. Jay rolled his eyes, "just tell us what you got ty" she huffed and folded her arms, she still didn't forget about what he done last time. Tyler huffed back, "fine god. Chill your beans woman, there's a guy called David squarez claiming he made the shootings happen. The streets are talking man, apparently he's gonna target a kids school dance tonight but I don't know if that's true. The targeted schools the one opposite the coffee shop we met at once" he folded his arms.

Jay nodded, "thanks for the info" he handed him some cash. Tyler chuckled and took it as the partners started walking away, "oh and one more thing man. If you ain't dating her yet then I'm definitely gonna beat you to it..." he put the cash in his pocket and pointed to Abbie. Jay pulled a face but he could see Abbie snickering and getting into the car, "that'll never happen bud, now go home" he waved his CI off. Tyler put his hands up in defence and walked off shaking his head in amusement. Jay got back into the car, "what's so funny?" He looked at Abbie as she rested her elbow on the window. Abbie shook her head, "looks like I just got myself a date..." she raised her eyebrows. Jay scoffed, "no way" he shook his head.

                Abbie laughed and looked at jay, "oh so you're jealous?" She raised her eyebrows again.  Jay started the car leaving her with no answer, "I'll just take that as a yes" she smiled and looked back out to the road as jay started the car.  Jay put the radio on low volume and looked over to his partner as she smiled to herself, he couldn't help but smile too.  When the pair got back into the bullpen hank was stood waiting for the new info, "David squarez has been talking in the streets, says he's the one who started the shootings. My CI said that he's supposed to be hitting a school dance later today but he's not sure if it's true..." jay huffed.  Hank nodded as Kim printed off some pictures for the board, "alright, Halstead you're going undercover as a teaching assistant or something..." he shrugged his shoulders and left the team to make a plan.

"Bet you didn't think you'd ever become a teaching assistant" Abbie laughed as she hooked the wire through jays blazer. Jay laughed, "nope, being in a room full of screaming kids all day never really appealed as fun to me" he smiled. Abbie tilted her head, "I'll second that" she laughed. "You set?" Hank poked his head into the wire room, "all good Sarge" Abbie smiled. Jay nodded in agreement as the pair walked out into the garage, "alright you know the plan, we all come home alive tonight" hank warned them. They all nodded before jay got in his undercover car, ready to drive to the school party to put up with god knows how many children.