Is that true?

"She'll come around, she's not as big as she thinks she is" Abbie sighed and folded her arms.  Hank nodded, "alright then, leave her there for a while then take another run at her" he nodded as he walked away towards the bullpens direction.  Jay turned to Abbie, "if I didn't know any better I'd say you scared her" he nudged her arm as the pair followed behind hank.  Abbie laughed, "shut up" she nudged his arm back. Jay laughed and watched her get her gun back out from her safe before he done the same.

An hour later of Layla sitting there with no food, water or any in-tell and Abbie finally walked back in. This time jay was stood behind the glass with hank. "What would this deal look like?" Layla sighed and dropped her attitude. Abbie sat up and calmed down to match her tone, "well you would tell me where David is and in return, I could maybe get the court to look away on all the little felonies you have on your record" she sighed. Layla nodded, "and if I don't take the deal?" She screwed up her face. Abbie looked at her sternly, "you'll be doing life in prison" she sighed. Layla's eyes grew wide, "life?" She looked fearful. Abbie slowly nodded, "mmhmm" she hummed.

Layla looked at Abbie, "I ain't talking, I understand the deal but I ain't talking" she sighed. Abbie laughed, "you don't get it do you? This man isn't gonna be your ride or die when you're in jail serving extra time for a crime we know he helped you with, so it is in your best interest that you tell me where he is before I walk out of here and I forget the deal" she shook her head. Layla looked at her in worry, "W-well you go ahead and walk out of here then, coz I ain't talking" she turned cocky again.

Abbie sighed and stood up, "alright then, patrol should be here soon to take you out of state" she walked over to the door. Layla jumped in her chair, "woah woah woah, out of state?!" She raised her eyebrows. Abbie turned back around and leant on the door, "yeah...terrahote probably" she folded her arms. Layla widened her eyes, "but don't they have death row?" She gulped. Abbie nodded, "what'd you expect? I told you what would happen, besides, the drug cartel you got involved with last month just so happened to get one of the supreme court members son killed, you ain't getting out of it" she sighed and leant her head against the door.

Jay furrowed his brows and looked over to hank, "is that true?" He enquired. Hank laughed a little, "nope" he kept his eyes on the room. Jay smiled and nodded before looking back to her little game. "Like I said, patrol should be here soon" Abbie sighed and opened the door. Layla shook her head, "wait. Fine, okay? I'll tell you where he is..." she sighed. Abbie turned back around and closed the door, "good, now write it down" she slid the notepad and pen over to her. Layla sighed and wrote down the address then slid the notepad and pen back over to abbie, "sit tight" Abbie tapped the table and then left the room. She met hank and jay as they walked out of the viewing room, she handed hank the paper as the trio walked into the bullpen. "Suit up, let's go. We've got a visual on David" hank held up the paper.

The unit all headed down to the garage where they helped each other suit up, unlike swat Abbie didn't need all the fancy protective gear, just her guns and vest. They all got into their vehicles and began driving, "you're a good liar, you know that right? It's scary how quickly you thought of that story in there" jay smiled. Abbie laughed, "it's my hidden talent" she smiled at him, but the truth was, she had learned how to lie at a very young age since she had to make up stories when her abusive dad would come home drunk so he wouldn't hit her.

Jay pulled up next to the unit and the pair hopped out of his car before walking over to the team, "move in on my order" hank nodded. They all nodded back then walked over to the store which was boarded up on one side. "Move in" hank spoke out. Kevin used his battering ram to shove down the door before jay moved in followed by Abbie then rojas. He made his way up the stairs and checked the immediate hallway to his right, "clear" he whispered and signalled for Abbie to keep an eye out. "David Ramirez, Chicago PD!" Adam shouted as they came to the door at the end of the hall. They heard a clunk of metal which meant he was running, adam kicked down the door and Abbie moved in first. She saw him run down a metal stairway so she ran after him.

"Chicago PD! Stop running!" Abbie shouted as she ran down the stairs after him. She saw him getting away so she jumped over the side of the railing and landed in front of him, David jumped back but saw jay appear at the top of the stairs. Before they both knew it they were in a hand-on-hand brawl and unluckily for David, fighting an ex swat member never ends up good. Jay got to the floor they were on but by the time he got there Abbie already had him pinned on the floor, "I got him" She caught her breath back and cuffed him up, she stood up and pulled him off the floor before passing him over to jay. He smiled and nodded at her good work before walking back up the stairs to go the way they came from. Abbie followed behind them as she untwisted her vest.

Abbie was untouched but David would go to jail with a few bruises on him, "you good?" Hank patted her shoulder. Abbie smiled, "yeah all good" she nodded as they all walked outside. Jay put David in the back of a patrol car which would take him to statesville immediately ready for lockup since they already had his name down for the crimes. Abbie and jay got back in his car and he began driving back to the district, "so you're Lara croft too?" Jay looked over at her. Abbie laughed, "is that my new nickname?" She smiled at him. Jay smirked, "maybe" he nodded. Abbie laughed and watched the road as the soft hum of the radio played in the background.

When they got back to the district Abbie and jay went to tell Layla the new update, "we've got him, he's at statesville as we speak" Abbie stood in front of her as jay stood in the doorway with his arms folded. Layla frowned, "am I supposed to give you a round of applause or something?" She scoffed. Abbie laughed a little, "if you're offering then we'll happily accept it" she matched her sarcastic energy. Layla pulled a face at them both, "I'm safe though right? I still got the deal on me" she looked at Abbie in seriousness. Abbie scoffed, "you brutally murdered a 7 year old kid, there is no deal. You should've lawyered up when you had the chance" she put her hands out. Layla shook her head, "you manipulative bitch" she scoffed at her. Abbie smiled at her and left the room with jay, "you manipulative bitch" jay mimicked Layla's words. Abbie laughed and nudged him in the chest before she shook her head and went to the locker room, jay walked out into the bullpen to sign off on a few bits of arresting paperwork from the case.

"Head out guys" hank smiled at them all, it felt good for Abbie to just go home and not worry about getting a call in the middle of the night. The team grabbed their jackets and headed downstairs, "you heading to mollys?" Jay smiled at her. Abbie smiled back, "I actually gotta hit the gym tonight, maybe tomorrow" she laughed. Jay raised his eyebrows, "at 8:30pm at night? That's dedication" he laughed. Abbie nodded, "indeed" she replied in a terrible British accent. Jay laughed and shook his head before they both got in their cars and drove off to go do whatever they pleased.