shhhh

*three years later*

Abbie walked into the living room to see Jay sat on the couch reading over a case file, "maes finally asleep" she sighed and sat down on his knee. He smiled and put the case file down, "you're amazing" he quickly pecked her lips. She smiled and stared into his emerald green eyes, "you're not too bad yourself, Halstead" she laughed as they rested their heads against each other's. He smiled, "we can finalise the wedding plans tomorrow, if you want" he smiled. She smiled back and ran her thumb along his knuckles, "I'd like that" she nodded. He smiled before laying down against the pillows which caused her to lay down too, a shocked yet quiet chuckled escaped her lips.

"Mommy!!!" They heard a toddlers voice yell from upstairs, "shhhh" jay whispered sarcastically at their two year old daughter, Macie, Abbie laughed and smiled, "daddy!!!" Macie screamed again. Both adults groaned, "shes got your stubbornness" Abbie laughed and stood up. He scoffed playfully, "but she has you volume" he smirked as he followed her up the steps. "Mommmmmmyyyyyy!!!" Macie yelled from her bedroom. Abbie sighed, "mae we're coming..." she sighed with a small chuckle. They appeared in their daughter's doorway to see her pointing to her teddy bear, which was wearing a mini military suit, yet it was on the floor.

"Are you kidding me? You are so lazy..." jay sighed and picked it up. He sat down on the edge of her bed and tucked her back in, "go. to. bed" he poked her sides gently. The toddler let out exasperated giggles through gasps for air, Abbie smiled as she leant in the doorway with her arms folded. Their daughter looks like jay, she may have abbies cheeky personality and smile, but she looks like a double of jay without a doubt. She laughed as Macie cling onto his neck, "Santa won't come..." he gasped. Macie face dropped as she scrambled into bed, "he will..." she begged. Jay laughed and looked over at Abbie who had a proud look on her face. Life couldn't be any better...

*hey guys, thank you so much for reading my story, I appreciate it lots. I hope you're all well and okay. Stay safe and beautiful as always :)*