Chapter 11

It's the 20th of December now, I made my decision last Friday and I chose to stay with Iago. I overthought the way I felt about Mia and we are strictly just friends. I have a date with Iago later, I need to get ready - the meal is at 8 pm, currently, it's 11:30 am. I headed to the bathroom to take a shower and I felt so relaxed and so good that I had finally made a decision.

I lit a candle and placed it on the closed lid of the toilet - Christmas Eve was the scent as it was coming close to Christmas I was feeling festive. I slicked my wet hair back in the shower using a comb after shampooing and conditioning it, I sent Iago a photo of my face and shoulders saying 'Can't wait for tonight :P'

He sent a snap photo back in an instant and he said, 'Are you trying to tease me? Ahahah'

I laughed at my phone and ignored it. I rinsed the soap off my body and wrapped myself in a towel. I decided to go for a light look today, my skin was looking really good so I didn't need to put a massive amount on. I put on a navy blue dress that went down to my ankle and black heels. I curled my hair and sent a photo of me to Iago, his response was instant. I felt a knock on the door and it was Iago. He pushed his body onto me and held my waist, kissing me passionately he said, "You look beautiful." We continued kissing but I pushed him away, "You look rather dapper my dear. You're also early... It's 5 pm..." Iago looked into my eyes and smiled, breaking the intense eye contact by looking at my lips. He cupped my face and pulled my bottom lip down using his thumb, I started smiling and we both smiled into the kiss. I pulled away again because he was messing up my pale lipstick.

I walk over to the kitchen and I feel a slight tug back, "Heyyy, we can't... not yet." I say whilst looking into his daring eyes that beg to differ.

A couple of hours passed and we headed to our meal. "Where is it you're taking me?"

"We, my dear, we are going to a restaurant called, 'Adam Reid at the French' it's one of the best restaurants in this city actually. I thought we should go somewhere expensive to celebrate.

"Aww babe, you didn't have to take me somewhere expensive but thank you so much. In return, you're in for a treat after dinner..." I say, continuing to tease, aiming to set the mood.

Iago tilted his head and turned to me, all red and full of shock, he stared in my direction and started smirking, "Oh is that so?" I smile and let out a gentle laugh.

We arrived at the restaurant and the tension was already there from earlier. We ordered lobster and chips, with the second side of salad. There was flirting throughout the evening, his cute dimples burst out of his cheeks every time he smiled - he is a beautiful boy. We spoke about our life aspirations, goals and dreams. Iago said that when he's older he wants to adopt a child to give them a life they deserve, he wants to travel the world and he wants to achieve the true meaning of happiness. I said that when I'm older I want to have at least two children, experience what being a successful adult is like and just take life as it is handed to me. We smiled and ate our food. I slid my foot up his leg and towards his thigh, the tension kept rising. It rose to the point where it was suffocating us - we skipped pudding and left to go home.

Iago drove us back to my apartment and things started to kick off... You can imagine what happened next...

Once we finished that business, I headed straight to my shower, I was hot and sweaty - I needed to be clean as I leave to go home tomorrow. Once I had finished in the bathroom I crawled into bed to see Iago lay there in his boxers and messy hair, god he looked delicious. I turned on my tv and we watched Gossip Girl but moments later I had fallen asleep. The only thing that was on my mind when I woke up was what Iago and I did last night; I let my barriers down, I wouldn't have wanted it to be anybody else after that performance but I can't believe I actually did it. I rubbed my eyes and saw Iago walk through my front door with a McDonald's breakfast bag - he ordered us both sausage and egg McMuffins with hash browns and a white coffee.

We had finished our food and I wanted to spend the day with Iago but I needed to pack so I could get home for Christmas. Mia was coming home with me this Christmas because flights to the states were cancelled due to the bad weather. It was snowing heavily recently so it'd be unsafe to fly. I kissed Iago goodbye and started packing. By 1 pm, I had finished packing my joggers, underwear, jumpers, tops and even a nice dress for Christmas Dinner. I messaged Mia asking if she was ready to go and I got a thumbs up reply. I pulled my suitcase handle and wheeled it out, I left the building and saw Mia sat in her truck with her bags in the back. She smiled at me, picked my suitcase up and popped it in the back of the truck. I hugged Mia and she opened my door so I could get in, she started driving us to mine and we were having a blast - we made a couple of pit stops for toilet breaks and to grab some more food. A couple more hours passed and we arrived at my house...