Chapter 17

Some time had passed by now and Iago and I were in a really good place. His and I's mental health has been the best it has ever been, our relationship has been literal goals, Mia and I are back in the game and talk again - everything is working out. In fact, things between Iago and I have been so good that I have moved in with him. He asked me too after we shot the spring/summer clothing selection. It's April now too, we shot the shoot a bit premature for summer but it'll be released in May so not long. The new collection is looking really nice. Buyers of Calvin Klein loved the winter shoot Iago and I did which was really nice.

I walked out of the living room and headed upstairs to our room to grab some socks because I have work soon. I heard Iago talking to someone on the phone, I knocked on the door and walked in - he was on the phone to his mum, I popped my head in and said "Hello Mrs Rodriguez" (she's since changed her name back to her original name after the divorce with Andrew). She waved back and continued talking to Iago in Italian - I love their accent and the Italian language, it just rolls off the tongue and sounds so nice. As I grabbed some socks and walked out of the room I heard his mum say: "She's gorgeous Iago; don't you dare break her heart." I laughed to myself and headed downstairs, once I had put my socks and shoes on, I grabbed my keys and left - I drive now too. Although I'm making a pretty decent amount of money with Cafe Nero and modelling, I wanted to have a bog-standard first car so I went with a Volkswagen UP! Not a bad car really, I love it - for my next car I'm hoping to get myself either a Jeep or a Suzuki Jimny.

Driving to work I saw a familiar face - it was Mia! I pushed my horn a couple of times to get her attention, I rolled my window down and looked at her, "Hey, where are you heading? My shift doesn't start for another 10-minutes. Do you need a lift?" She looked at me, smiled and shook her head - she didn't say a word. That was really weird. I rolled my window up and continued driving, I looked at Mia again through my mirror and I saw her jump into someone's arms - the same way she jumped into my arms when we first met. I think it was Ivanna, I'm not 100% sure though but from behind it looked like her - them two cut things off though, why would they start it up again?

Anyway, I started my shift at work and I saw Mia walk in with that girl, it was Ivanna, I froze in my tracks - I put on a smile and put in their order. "Mia, hey, how have you been?" Ivanna looked at me in disgust and answered for her, "She's good, please hurry up and get our drinks - ugh we're so parched ahaha" I wanted to ask why Ivanna was answering for Mia but I knew it'd just cause issues and I don't have the energy for that. I got their drinks ready whilst Mia put her card pin number into the cash machine. I passed their drinks over and smiled them off. Andrew walked over and said, "Ooo, trouble in mayhem?" I looked at him and didn't even know what to say,

"I really don't know. Mia and I have been really good recently but when driving up here I pulled up and offered her a ride to wherever she was going and she shook her head and said nothing. I don't mean to disrespect Ivanna but how she just spoke to me and spoke for Mia - she seems really controlling." I say more than I thought I would,

"Girls are confusing, you all switch up quite quickly. Try and give Mia some space again, not only to respect her 'thing' with Ivanna but to respect Ivanna too - it's obvious she's aware that Mia used to like you and maybe speaking for Mia and showing dominance is her way to make you scour off because maybe she's insecure? She might want to be more dominant because she knows how much Mia liked you. But, I don't know - girls are confusing, it could be any reason as to why she's being like this. This is why I'm glad Iago got such a beautiful and kind girl like you."

I smiled and looked down at the floor feeling nervous, Andrew gave me a hug and thanked him for being so great through everything.

I had finished my shift at 3 pm and headed home, Mia left twenty-minutes ago, both Ivanna and Mia ordered food and drink more than four times. They just sat there and chatted the whole time - it reminded me of when Mia and I used to come in and drink coffee. As I got in my car I received a text from Iago saying, "Come home quick, I have a surprise!"

Arriving home, shortly after I saw his message I walked into the house and saw two suitcases? "Haha, Iago what's this all about? Why are our suitcases out and where are yo-" Interrupted by Iago turning and pulling me in for a kiss I looked him in the eyes and started smiling - I have a feeling what this is but I don't want to jump to conclusions.

"So, as you know, I was on the phone with my mum earlier and we were talking about you and I going to Italy for a couple of weeks in May. My mum really wants to meet you and so do my little sisters." 

I looked into Iago's eyes and felt such pure and wholesome happiness, I gave a gentle smile and hugged him. "I love you." He says - in shock, I pulled away and stared at his delicate face in awe and smiled.

Narrators POV: Why didn't she say it back?