Chapter 23

"Mia, what a lovely surprise. It's so nice to see you again! How have you been?" Mum asks,

"Sorry mum, not right now," I say, trying to take Mia upstairs to my room so I can figure out why she's here. I tug Mia's arm and as we go upstairs she quickly says to mum, "I've been alright thank you, Mrs Tipton." I shut the door behind me and push Mia down to sit on my chair, while I walk over to my bed to sit.

"Mia I don't know why you're here, what do you want?"

"I wanted to check on you, clearly you're not very good. You're never this short-tempered. I know things are rough between you and Iago but I think he really is sorry." Mia says, speaking for Iago.

"He sent you here didn't he?" I question,

"No, no he didn't - he thought you left Italy early to come back to England and see me, I said I didn't know where you had gone so he said he's going to catch the next flight back to England from Italy," she explains,

The doorbell rings again, I was upstairs with Mia so I left it for someone else to get. "Hi Mrs Tipton, is Maddy here?" It was a familiar voice, I didn't leave my room until I had heard what my mum had said, "Yes she's here. She came home since you broke her heart and cheated ." I told Mia to stay here and I walked downstairs, "Mum, it's okay. What do you want Iago?"

He looked into my eyes, he looked sad, "Maddy, I really am sorry, I want to have a normal conversation with you about it all. Please, give me a chance."

"I think my daughter has given you enough chances, now leave." My dad said, he never gets angry but mum must've told him what happened which has brought this anger out.

I tell my family it's fine as I walk down the stairs, I look at his wrist and he has the bracelet I bought for him on. Mia didn't listen to me, she walked behind me, Iago looked at Mia and looked back at me, "Of course she's here, and you say I'm the joke. You're so easy. Mia, it's always been you of course it has been." Iago threw his hands out to the side and hit my car as he walked over to his. I looked at Mia, she was pale, she was in shock. I rolled my eyes as I shook my head and stormed back upstairs. I'm so tired of the drama. Everyone is so exhausting. My safe space is no longer safe because of whatever that little performance was. I kicked Mia out of my house and told myself to relax, I put on some soft music and I started doing some Yoga - my breathing was jumpy, I needed to calm down a bit.

A couple of hours passed and Mia had messaged again, 'Things are difficult for you right now, I might not be much help but I am here for you, remember that.'

I ignored her message again and decided to sleep on it. I woke up late the next day, I needed a long sleep so I could be re-energised. I decided to leave today so I took a quick shower and hugged everyone goodbye. I thanked Malia and mum for their help and for their comfort, Malia smiled and mum said, "It's okay baby, try not to leave the visit too long next time. We all miss you so much." I smiled and nodded. I threw my bag in the boot and set off for this long drive again.

I arrived at my apartment and threw my bag in my wardrobe. I headed over to the bathroom and took a shower, I needed to freshen up - wash this negativity off me. I sat on my bed and lit a candle, I needed as much relaxation as possible. I think to myself, I need to see Mia - she came to see if I'm okay, she's the only loyal friend I have right now. I kept telling myself no until my muscles took control of themselves. I suddenly lifted off of my bed and slipped my sliders on, I opened my door and left to head upstairs. I was at Mia's door and I knocked three times, she answered and she didn't look impressed. I grabbed her face and kissed her soft lips, I pushed her onto her bed, our lips still maintaining contact and- "Maddy, what do you want?" Mia asks, I look around and I'm still in the hall, woah that was odd erm, "I wanted to talk, I owe you an apology." Mia nodded and let me in.