Chapter 20

A couple of days have passed since my dance and inconvenience with Mia. Things feel off, I'm either due on my period or there's an actual weird vibe going around. Iago's suddenly always working at the farm helping out, I think the twins are on their period because they're definitely a lot moodier recently, the only normal person here seems to be Miss Rodriguez. I asked Luna if she wanted to go out and have a coffee with me at the local cafe.

Once we had arrived we found a little outdoor setting area and ordered two espressos. As we were waiting for our coffee we were talking about my future plans, what my ideal future looks like and how I will get myself there. I said that I'd love to save enough money to go to Hawaii and live there for a little bit, become a local and then move back to England and work for the NHS. Miss Rodriguez was shocked that I wanted to go to Hawaii, I was shocked that she was shocked, I had asked her why and she said, "You seem like a city girl more than a beach girl. I mean, you came to Italy in the city girl summer clothes rather than summer beachy clothes." I laughed, puckered my bottom lip, raised my eyebrows and nodded my head to say, 'I mean, true.'

Our coffee came and we continued talking about why I'd like to move to Hawaii but we were interrupted by Iago walking home from the farm, he noticed us and jogged over. He pulled over a seat and kissed my cheek, "Hey babe, alright mum?" We nodded and told him to shoo off, he stank of farm animals and body odour - he needed a shower and deodorant ASAP. Iago left his mum and me to talk but then we saw Isabella walking with an unfamiliar face. She was by the stone waterfall holding hands with a... a boy! He was tall, tanned, had sun-bleached blonde hair with a curtain parting and he was dressed well. Luna and I spied on them two for a little bit, Luna had a plan... As Isabella couldn't see us, Luna messaged her saying: 'Hey baby, where are you? We were all supposed to go to the beach today. Come home please.' We watched Isabella take her phone out and she looked up at the boy she was with and dismissed herself, but before she left, he put one hand on her waist whilst the other was on her face and he pulled her in for a kiss. It was the cutest thing! Isabella's cheeks went so rosy red, you'd spot her a mile off!

Miss Rodriguez and I raced home so we could beat Isabella. When we had arrived, it was only Iago and Lola home, thank god we made it back in time because just as we had parked our bottoms on the sofa Isabella walked through the door and ran upstairs, "Ah, ah, ah where are you going so fast?" Luna said, Isabella started giggling to herself and said, "Erm, to my room... hehe... You said we were going to the beach didn't you so I'm going to get ready." Luna nodded her head and looked at me, I said, "Agh, us teens with our secrets hey." Luna shook her head and we followed Isabella upstairs so we could get ready for the beach trip that was suddenly planned. As I put my red bikini on, I received a message from an unknown number, I recognised the number though, who is this?  I opened their message and there was a video of Iago and somebody sat on a sofa together at a party. I couldn't recognise the face but whoever they were started closing the gap between her and Iago. She leant in and the video ended. I swiped off the video and a message popped up under it saying, 'He's a good kisser, you know...' I chose to ignore it, I knocked on Lola's room and asked if she was decent, she said yes, I walked into her room and asked her to plait my hair - a wide smile stuck upon her face and she nodded excitedly, "I've been waiting for you to ask!" she exclaims. I laughed and replied saying, "I was waiting for an offer."

As I sat there with Lola behind me, plaiting my hair I couldn't stop thinking about that video. Who is she? I saved the video to my camera roll and sent it to Louise, a work friend of mine - she attends Manchester University too.  Another message came through and it said, 'Thinking of saving that video and sending it to someone to find out who I am? If you really want to know, all you need to do is just ask x' Whoever this is, is really patronising. I don't think I want to find out who it is, if I'm being honest - I think knowing would be more painful than not knowing. Once Lola had finished doing my hair she hugged my neck and whispered, "Out of all the girls Iago has introduced us to, you are by far my favourite." I found that sweet of her to say and then realised... she accidentally just called her brother a womanizer which was funny.

We headed to the beach and Iago tried to hold my hand but I brushed him off, that video has really set something off - I don't trust him anymore. Iago frowned and asked, "What's up?" I shook my head and lied, "Nothing, I'm okay ahah. Go jump in the sea and have fun!" I lay there for a while sunbathing before I joined everyone in the sea - I'm a pasty white gal from England, it takes us pale girls a while to tan. Once I thought I had bronzed a bit, I ran into the sea and played with everyone - it was really nice to push everything on my mind aside and let myself feel free. I knew that to keep things normal, I needed to act normal with Iago - I'll talk to him about the video later. I sat on Iago's shoulders with Lola on top of Isabella's and we battled: the first one to fall loses, a battle of the strongest. Rules: you're allowed to grab and pull with arms and hands, not allowed to use feet or legs, the people on base have to stand still and can't attack the opponent.