Chapter 21

Once we had finished at the beach, we headed back home and I hopped in the shower first, I wanted to use the cold water as I was steaming. I left the bathroom in my towel and headed to Iago and I's room. Iago was sitting on the edge of the bed with my phone in his hand. I froze in my tracks and looked at him, "Iago, are you okay?"

He looked back at me and said, "Cut the bullshit Maddy, I know you saw the video."

I shut the door and put my robe around me, "Okay, yeah I did, who is she?"

Iago's head dropped, looking directly at the floor now, "She's a girl I met at Felix's Party."

"Oh nice," I say, not surprised by his actions, "And why didn't you tell me about this?"

"Because nothing happened, I know it looks like it did but nothing did. I didn't want you to be upset or worry." He said with a pathetic excuse,

"Didn't want to upset me, ha, real classy. You're a joke, you know that?" I say, not finishing, "Iago don't talk to me like I'm stupid. You're an overly attractive person, you model and you're a flirt - she fell in the trap and you had her wrapped around your finger."

"It's not like that because nothing happened, Maddy." He says, lying through his teeth.

"Iago stop lying to me!" I shout at him.

Narrators POV:

Miss Rodriguez and the girls were sat downstairs and could hear the arguing between Iago and Maddy. Luna told the girls to put their earphones in and listen to music until she gives them the all-clear.

Maddy's POV:

I sat next to Iago on the bed, I turned towards him so I could face him; he did the same. I looked into his eyes and said, "All I want to know is, if you kissed her and if anything else happened. So, did you kiss her and if so, did anything else happen?" A look of fear and guilt hit his face, he went pale and he started to sweat.

"Yes, I did kiss her. We had a couple of drinks, we kissed and we went upstairs but I promise nothing else happened." He claims,

"I don't believe you. I don't want to believe you... I can't believe you. You've lied to me all this time." I say,

"What difference does it make? You kissed Mia!" He shouts at me,

"I didn't sleep with her and I didn't make it a secret. I messaged you as soon as it happened. I went to the bathroom after and I felt so much guilt. You. You've kept this a secret for 5, nearly 6 months Iago! If you had told me straight away we could have spoken about it. God, I can't believe you. Have you met up with her since?" I ask, already knowing the answer. Iago didn't reply, he just looked at me and then looked back down at the floor.

I grabbed some clothes and got changed in the bathroom. Once I had finished getting changed I walked back to our room and started packing my bags. "What are you doing?" He asked,

"What do you think? I can't stay here with you anymore." as I was packing my bags the pieces starting adding up, "Oh my God, how could I be so stupid? This makes so much sense now. You didn't message me over Christmas because you were seeing her and now you're feeling guilty you think it's okay to be super affectionate whilst we've been here because you think that being affectionate will make up for this. I knew you were an arsehole but I didn't take you for a liar." I had finished packing my bags and I rushed downstairs. Luna and the girls ran over to me and pleaded with me not to go but I couldn't do that to myself. I hugged the girls and Miss Rodriguez goodbye and thanked them for a lovely time prior to this event and I left. I heard Iago running down the stairs and asking me to wait up but I'm tired of his excuses and lies.

He ran outside and it started to rain; he grabbed my arm and turned me towards him, "Let go of me!" I screeched at him. He let go of my arm and took a step back. He looked at me, moved forward, grabbed my face and kissed me. I pushed him off, "Don't you dare touch me, kiss me or even look at me. I can't stand you. You've hurt me, and here have this stupid thing." I reached in my pocket and pulled out a box holding a bracelet he has had his eyes on for so long, I slapped the box into his hand - it was his birthday gift as his birthday is May 25th - I called a taxi and they took me to the airport. Driving off I saw that he was standing there, getting soaked and hoping I would stop the taxi and turn back around, I didn't. I bought my ticket whilst I was there. I boarded the plane and messaged my mum. I told her everything that happened and said I'm coming home.

Narrators POV:

Miss Rodriguez stormed upstairs into Iago's room and began shouting at him, "Do you understand how much of a big mistake you made. She has been the nicest girl you have dated and brought into our home. You should be ashamed of yourself. She was perfect for you, she fit in with the family well, she got along with your dad, she got along with me and you know how difficult I am with the girls you date. She's beautiful and she was the perfect fit; you ruined something that had potential. You better come up with a mindblowing apology to win her back because you can't lose her, Iago."

"It's too late mum, she doesn't want anything to do with me. It's done." He said, heartlessly.

"I'm disappointed in you." Miss Rodriguez said as she left his room, shutting the door behind her.