Chapter 16

The next day came and it was time to leave. My dad helped load Mia's truck with our bags and some drinks and snacks. Saying goodbye and leaving home is always difficult so I prefer to say see you later because, to me, a goodbye means that this is an ending to something, it's the final thing you say when you're letting someone go. Anyway, I hugged Corey and he didn't seem to phased by me leaving - he just wanted to go back to his games. Next was Malia, she seemed pretty upset. Dad acts emotionless but I could tell that he'd miss me loads again and finally, I hugged mum and she was tearing up - she worries ever so much about me not being at home, the only place she considers to be safe; especially after what happened at the party. Mia and I jumped in the truck and set off on our journey. Somehow the journey back seemed a lot faster than when we drove to mum and dads.

We arrived at our apartment building and Mia walked me to my flat, "Thank you for letting me stay for Christmas, it was lovely." I smiled at her and headed in, I always forget how big my apartment is. I was still in my clothes from last night so I decided to grab a quick shower and make at least a small bit of effort when I go to Iago's. I decided to wear some black leggings and one of his jumpers; I sprayed myself with his favourite spray of mine; I put my hair up in a messy bun, filled my eyebrows in and put on some mascara. I slid my sliders on and headed over. I called my uber, Dane of course came to pick me up and drove me to Andrew's.

We arrived and Andrew opened the door to let me in, "He's along the hall, on the right." I walked through and knocked on his door: "Go away dad, I don't want to see anyone right now." I knocked again and he stormed to the door and swung it half-open, "Da- oh, Maddy. Come in" he says. I walked through the door and sat on his chair whilst he sat on his bed: "We need to talk." I said, Iago's eyes lifted from the floor and looked at me, he looked disappointed.

"I know, I'd like to say my bit first. I am really sorry for not responding to your texts. I don't have any reasoning as to why I wasn't answering your calls or texts, I just needed space. I am sorry." I didn't believe him and I know I should but something inside of me made me beg to differ. I decided to give him space anyway and made him sure that I am and will always be here for him no matter what the situation is. He thanked me and I left his room, I spoke to Andrew about what shifts I have soon and he said that I have the whole of next week off which is nice but I need to be entertained if I won't be seeing Iago. Things with Mia are good but I have a feeling she wants space too, to get over her feelings for me.