28

⠀

Everyone worked quietly among themselves as we wondered where Harry and Hermione could be.

"Ron's just gone a while ago.. He went out looking for them again," Bill explained, pouring himself a cup of tea, "They'll be back safe. I'm sure of it,"

"Thanks Bill.."

Him reassuring me and Sirius was very thoughtful of him, especially since Sirius couldn't sit still as he'd look out the window every few seconds.

Tonks had taken the liberty of calming down the young kids, showing them different faces of animals while mainly Ginny laughed and Fleur has taken interest in making animal sounds.

The twins were busy with their shop at Diagonal Alley, I don't know how they do it as all shops have been wiped already but good for them. Lady luck must be with their side.

Thankfully, a small extra room had been lent to me and Tonks as we shared a bed. Fleur had insisted ladies should sleep on a bed while we resisted but she's rather scary at time... With her Veela powers and all.

I was alone, staring up at the ceiling when the door opened. I didn't bother looking at the person who entered, they'll make themselves known soon enou--

"Are you okay, dear?"
Remus looked down at me, his face in my vision.

"How can anyone be okay right now..? I'm just worried about Harry and his friends--death eaters are crawling everywhere...."

I felt the bed shift under his weight, sitting beside me, his finger rubbing circles on my palm.

"Maybe I should've listened to Sirius and accompanied them--"

"Do you think you're responsible?"
His voice was stern. But his question was what made me silent.

Yes, I do feel responsible. I was the adult with them and yet I abandoned them over something so selfish.

"I felt like I could've been more brave.."
I sighed, making room for the man as he laid beside me.

"You did the best you can do... Bill is right, they will come back safe."

Arms snaked around my waist, pulling me closer as I could feel his heartbeat.

"Feeling brave, are we?"

We chuckled, knowing if anyone were to enter right now they'd see us like this.

"I am a Gryffindor dear, I feel brave everyday--what about you?"
I could sense the mischief in his voice. His hand resting by the band of my shorts.

"I just know Sirius would make a big deal about this.."

"He's always been dramatic."

We laid silent. Our breaths were the only sounds that were heard as the man stared up into the ceiling as I admired his side profile.