29

⠀

"Are we sure we can just leave them there...?"

"Yes, Sirius. If there's too many of us there then there's a risk we could be found."

Tonks explained. The four of us had left after making sure they'd be fine on their own.

Viri had tried going back to Hogsmeade and saw some swarms of Death eaters and dementors around Hogwarts. The home that once was safe had now been swarmed and filled with dangers. She said that Hogsmeade was quiet and more of a ghost town now,

It didn't click to me that we've already lost lives and had injured people with us, including me, with my blind left eye.

And the wand I had borrowed was now to its rightful owner--who has also died recently. Everything is just going down hill days after days after days, it's been messing with everyone's head.

"Are you alright, Dora?"
Tonks had laid down beside me, dust particles flying off as the bed shifted under her weight.

"I don't know... I'm terrified, if I'm being honest."

"We're all terrified, Dora, we're in a war. It's understandable you're afraid," her hand rubs my back, soothing me as I laid closer to her.

"You know, if it makes you feel better..."

"Yeah..?"
I chuckled, already hearing the mischief in her voice this time.

"If we end up alone, and lonely after this war, we could just end up loving one another--"

"Are you proposing to me?"

"Be patient baby, I don't have a diamond ring for you yet."

"I'll be waiting for your proposal after the war,"
We both laughed, hair sprawling everywhere as we rolled around the bed, the boards shifted under our weight.

"I wonder if we would've been friends if we hang out during Hogwarts...?"
She asked,

"I'm sure we would have..."

"Lightning has struck! I repeat, lightning has struck! Ladies! Off your back and off to Hogwarts!"

Sirius gathered us up, pushing us out the door while we went out to Hogwarts quietly.

"This is Aberforth. Dumbledore's brother."
Remus and him shook hands, while we met up with the other members of the Order.

"Sirius..!"

"Harry..!"
Godfather and godson embraced. Sirius whispering encouragement into his child's ear.

Harry has grown. He looks much more like an adult and he looks stressed.

His green eyes look over at me, smiling as he hugged me too.