Ep. 1 | A New Home

Rain lived with her parents and older brother P on the Nameless Street ever since she was five years old. Their family's small business had gone bankrupt, her father lost his job at the steel mill where he earned extra money just to get by, they were kicked out of the their housing complex and with no where else to go ended up finding their way to the Nameless Street.

While she remembered the warmth and feeling of protection of their small one bedroom apartment, she never was happy there. Her parents had full time jobs, her brother was always at school or  after-school care programs while she herself was locked inside all day, alone.

Her parents made sure she had prepared meals, entertainment and a number to reach them or the neighbors in case of emergency, but it did nothing to help the empty feeling she felt for most of the day.

When they'd moved to the Nameless Street it was the first time their family had spent real quality time together in years. No worries of debt, sure they still had to worry about food, hygiene, and shelter, but she no longer felt like she was alone and ignored.

The tiny  shack that they called home, while cold at night, had never made her feel warmer. She was free to run and play with other kids on the street, a freedom she never had in their neighborhood. In fact, it was P that seemed to have the slightly harder time adjusting to the new lifestyle.

In his defense he was more familiar with the comforts of a well developed town, she never really got to experiences them even if she had only been five. However, very quickly her brother found the joy and liberty in running and scaling the many steel structures in their new home.

Her mother and father were soon looked up to in the community, her fathers handy work in all kinds of disciplines made him very useful to their infrastructure and with a kind heart was always willing to help others with any needed repairs. Her mother although now in this new lifestyle was still a very educated and philosophical women.

She would often teach the orphaned children on the street simple subjects and concepts, but only when their curiosity was peeked otherwise there was no chance of trying to get them to sit still unless it was for a meal.

It might not have been much, but the Nameless Street soon become their new home.