Ep. 16 | Welcome to Club Heaven

She had stayed in the hospital for the next few month or so, mainly for the doctor to monitor her punctured lung and brain activity.

Either Bito, Shimura or Enari was tasked with guarding her door or tending to her needs. She had also met the fourth man in their little group, Aizawa.  The four shared a strong brotherhood that while she was bed ridden she was grateful to be included in.

Rocky would visit on occasion either in the early morning or mid afternoon, but when he couldn't make it Koo came in his stead. He would often bring dagashi for her to snack on.

With no signs of memories coming back any time soon and her lung getting better each day, the doctor thought she'd benefit from a change of scenery.

Little did he know that change would be a night club. She had been staying at Club Heaven for a couple of weeks now and had yet to see what it's night life was really like.

Partially from her still being in a wheel chair with limited mobility but also from Rocky insisting she stick to a normal sleep schedule. She had been on bed-rest for most of the first week and Koo said it would be better if  she stayed away from the smoke of the club while she was still healing.

She was allowed to explore the club during the day, when it wasn't open to the public. If she wanted to go outside it was only allowed if she was with an escort. As a result, she was able to get to know many more of the members of Club Heaven and the White Rascals that ran and protected it.

Rocky had accompanied her once, but remained silent as Bito pushed her wheel chair and did most of the talking. It was still hard for her to get a read on Rocky and his intentions. He seemed kind enough to her and looked out for her well being, she knew the streets they were on were not the safest place she could be.

According to the more loose lipped members who she enjoyed talking with, she resembled Rocky's older sister. Rumors that floated between the members were that she was killed by their father, taken by Rocky's enemy, Doubt, or that Rocky had walked in on her and their mother after they'd committed suicide.

Rocky was at least twice her age and if his sister had still been alive that meant she was at least that much older than her as well, maybe even more. She found herself very good at deductive reasoning and thought it rather sad that if she did remind Rocky of his sister at her current age than he'd been without her for many years by this point, probably for most of his life.

As well as the members of Club Heaven being kind to her, some maybe just to gain favor with Rocky, the girls employed by the club for the most part were also very welcoming. There were a few that had been jealous of Rocky's new favoritism towards her, but they'd never admit it. She would sometimes hang out with them as they got ready for the evening before the doors to the club opened.

Each had their own unique story of how they came to be at the club but they all had similar themes, escaping from traffickers, abusive relations, or humiliating poverty. She couldn't help but feel sympathetic, not because of their stories but because deep down inside she felt like maybe she had experienced these situation for herself.

She grew especially close to two girls, Nabi and Sakura, both very willing to help her when it came to things that the men at the club were less comfortable with.

Mainly changing her clothes and bandages and helping her bathe. It was also nice to just have some girls close to her age to talk to. They helped her style her hair, which was now worn in a skrillex hair style as the hair on her right side of her head began to back. She was almost like a doll to them and they enjoyed doing her make up and styling her in new clothes to better match the clubs aesthetic.

Her casts on her leg had been the standard white, but when she was finally able to wear a large hinged brace and then a tall fracture mobility boot, Rocky insisted they be white too rather than the standard metallic and black colors.

Over the weeks she had been recovering, Koo had been given the side task of trying to find out who she was and where she'd come from. Unfortunately there was little to go off of, other than her new medical records. Even with that, the only information that would have been remotely helpful was her approximate age and blood type.

With the weeks continuing to go by without any answers the search grew less and less urgent as everyone was getting used to having her around and actually enjoying the new permanent company. Rocky also seemed to have a slightly softer demeanor when ordering others around in her presence.

No new memories had returned to her so Crystal was the name everyone now knew her by. Even though she knew it wasn't her real name, she was growing fond of the name and thought if she did remember her real name and preferred the name Crystal over it then maybe she'd consider making the name change permanent.