Ep. 34 | A Death in the Family

She found Rocky in his usually lounging spot surrounded by Rascals. "They won't come in and force us out will they?" Cosette was saying, "They're the Kuryu Group, they'll do what ever they damn well please," Marco responded flatly.

"I'll be dead before I let them take this place," Heidi sounded tuff, but was just as worried about an attack as the rest of them. Rocky only sat there without moving a muscle but those closest to him could see the gears working in his head, analyzing all their options.

"Rocky can I speak to you?...alone" Rocky looked up at Crystal and without so much as a nod, walked back into his office. When Crystal had closed the door she thought how best to start the conversation, but ended up not having to say anything.

"You want to go to the Nameless Street." Rocky said, his back still facing her. "Koo and I heard it on the news." "Yes." "You know what you're risking?" "I do, but they're my family too and I love them." Rocky kept silent, "I'm so grateful for every thing you've done for me, you saved me, gave me a new life. I'll always consider you my brother, but I hope you'd understand I need to also look out for my actual brother and original family...They did come to your aid when we asked them too." "I did not ask for their help." He sternly spoke as he turned to face her.

"We knew this day might come when you found your real family, but we never expected it to be with one of the other gangs in SWORD." "I know it's a risk, but I'm willing to take I.." "If you think I'm going to let you run right into an assembly of the Kuryu Group, just to see a sick and already dying family, your sadly mistaken."

"I would do the same for you. Wether its you Rocky, my adoptive brother and leader of the White Rascals, Smoky leader of the Rude Boys and my brother P or any of yours and their members. Even though you may not get along, my loyalties can remain to both of you," "No" "Why can't they?" He stepped closer, "Because, SWORD is..." before he could finished Koo entered.

"I'm sorry to interrupt, I've some information I think you'd ought to hear." Met with silence he went on, "Cobras been taken, apparently he tried to take on a head of Kuryu alone." "Baka," Rocky strode out of the room but not before turning back to address Crystal, "Do what you will, I can't stop you now. But know this, if you go, your place with the White Rascals may never be the same again."

After he left the room, Crystal took one long breath to focus herself and then rushed out the door. Stopping in the lounge only to catch a glimpse of what the others were watching.

Large bull dozers and excavators were being rolled into the Nameless Street accompanied by a male voice over, "As we can see the demolition processes has begun and the final residence of the Street that have refused to leave will be evacuated. This includes the infamous gang the Rude Boys and their leader, who is considered enemy number one by the government for his activities in defying a project that would benefit thousands."

The image switched to the two reporters sitting at their desk, the Nameless City skyline in the background, "We'll update you as we have further information. We know go to our weather report for this evening."

The reporter's partner continued, "Bring a jacket, it looks like its going to be a cold evening, one of the coldest on record for this time of year, we might even see some snow. Across the bay it will..." Crystal drowned out the rest of the report as she made to leave."Crystal," Lassie noticed her, "What happened? Rocky just took off," she did not reply and instead made a straight line for the exit, "Wait where you goin?" But she was already out the door.

---------------------------------------------------