Ep. 31 | The Beginning of the End

The first morning rays of light were streaming in from the top of the window when Rain felt Smoky stir beside her. She lazily opened her eyes as they adjusted to the early dawn.

She swung her legs over to sit up and felt the cold damp cement floor send a small shiver up the rest of her body. As she reached for her things she could feel Smoky slowly sit up behind her.

"The meetings probably over, I need to get back to the club." Smoky remained silent while Rain finished getting dressed. Looking at her watch, it had only been a couple hours. The meeting as she understood took place at around three am or there about.

With daybreak fast approaching she knew none of the gangs would want to be seen out in masses come the morning rush. She grabbed what was left of her coat that she'd repurposed for Smoky's and headed towards the exit.

"Thanks," she stopped in the doorway. "Thanks for staying...Rain" Smoky clarified. His tone was back to flat and straightforward as usual but Rain could note the sincerity in it. "Anytime..really," she spoke with a softness she wasn't used to and hoped Smoky could also tell her sincerity.

She again made to leave before once again turning around, "You know, what ever happened at this meeting, I understand your family's well being comes first, but know its okay to ask for help from others especially if it can help keep your family safe."

"You're a part of that family...remember that." The statement felt a little more like a warning to Rain than a comfort. She knew everyone here was still not overly fond of her association with the White Rascals but also realized that at this point it was still a necessity for her. "Take care of yourself Smoky. I'll be back."

After quickly stopping to check on Lala, Rain made her way back toward Club Heaven. She never told Lala about the events of the night but she did confined in the young girl about her worries of what the meeting might mean for SWORD.

With a small sigh she cautiously made her way down the stairs into the dimly lit club. Some members were causally leaning at the bar while most she figured were up in the lounge.

"Crystal," Shun waved her over. "How was the meeting?" She was met with silence, "Not to well I take it?" "You might say that," Katashi muttered. "It seems SWORD is still at an impasse," Shun clarified with a reassuring pat on the shoulder. "And Rocky?" The other boy Jiro from behind the bar motioned with his head towards the lounge stairs as he took a small swig from his glass.

Crystal continued her way to the stairs wondering if she even ought to show up in front of Rocky at this particular moment as from what the Rascals indicated the meeting had ended without clear resolution and Rocky might not be in the mood to entertain any of her questions.

Likewise, he may ask her about her whereabouts. She didn't think she was quite ready to tell him with all that was going on. He didn't need another thing on his plate especially what was going on with her and the Rude Boys.

Her foot hovered over the stairs to the mezzanine. "You're not going?" Crystal turned back around to face Katashi, "What was the meeting about anyways?" "Cobra wants SWORD to have an alliances of sorts" "Basically if outside trouble comes for one of us, the other gangs in SWORD will have their back," Shun joined in.

"And Rocky is against this?" "Seems so," Jiro finally spoke up. "And what do you all think?" "It doesn't matter what we think, what Rocky says goes." "Shun you most have an opinion?" "I think it's a decent idea. But everyone in SWORD is split on this issue now, not just the White Rascals."