Ep. 35| The Aftermath

Rain stayed in the crawl space for what seemed like an eternity, not wanting to climb back down because she knew what awaited her when she got there. Non the less she eventually found herself crawling out and down the pillars, not even daring to look anywhere else than her own two hands.

Only when her feet were firmly back on the ground did she glance over. She wanted to cry out but no sound came. From behind a large cinderblock she could make out what could only be Smoky's legs, one bent in a inhuman position. She felt sick to her stomach. Her feet felt heavy, like wading through mud as she slowly made her way over.

Finally able to see the rest of his bruised and broken body she collapsed to her knees beside him. Stretching out a hand to trace the large purple bruises on the edge of his lips and jawline before recoiling them at how cold his body was already.

She wiped away a few more tears before picking him up under his arms and with all the strength she had left, tried to gently prop him up into a sitting position against the cinderblock

She wiped away a few more tears before picking him up under his arms and with all the strength she had left, tried to gently prop him up into a sitting position against the cinderblock. If and when the others returned, there was no need for them to see Smoky how she had, broken, twisted and sprawled out on the ground like a discarded rag doll without care.

---------------------------------------------------

Some time had passed, Rain remained sitting next to Smoky not wanting to leave him for fear something might happen to his body if she left

Some time had passed, Rain remained sitting next to Smoky not wanting to leave him for fear something might happen to his body if she left. She herd someone approaching and slowly lifted her eyes, were they friend or foe?

"P!" Her long lost brother was standing before her, relieved over finding her alive but shocked and devastated at the image of Smoky before him. Rain ran up to him, noticing the large gash on his cheek reaching out to inspect it, "Are you okay?" "I'm fine," she enveloped him into a much needed hug on her part. "The others?" "Safe," she let out a small sigh. Still in her embrace from behind P she saw Takeshi, Yu and Lala walk in.

"Oniichan," Lala ran passed Rain and P as they moved apart, relieved to see her older brother. "Oniichan?" she placed her hand on his shoulder and gently shook him, "Oniichan!" Lala repeated more frantic. Looking over at Rain, just from seeing her expression, Lala understood what had happened. The poor girl broke down sobbing, her head falling onto her brothers lap.