Ep. 22 | Rescue

Crystal followed Masaki as they ran past Hiroto and the man he was still fighting. Taking a few more turns with Masaki easily throwing down a few stray goons like they weren't even there. The two eventually reached another large area where a sketchy mobile trailer was situated.

Looking up at the skyline they appeared to be behind where the Mighty Warriors so called home base was. The neon glow from the lights on the front of the building alone were enough to light their way and the noise coming form the main area was still just as loud.

The trailer looked unguarded, "Stay here," Masaki slightly lifted his hand in dictation to get Crystal to stay. He approached the door of the trailer and forced it's lock open with ease and slowly stepped inside, just beyond the threshold.

Taking a 180 look around from left to right, he jumped when he saw Crystal standing right next to him. "Eish!," he threw his hands up in a manner that could only be described as someone who got startled by a bug in their face. "I thought I told you to wait over there," she scoffed and ignoring him stepped further into the trailer. The trailer's interior was very worn, some explicit photos and band posters she didn't recognize hung on the walls.

Dirt and litter was scattered every where she looked. But despite the mess there was nothing to indicate that this was where the girls had been held. Disappointed she passive aggressively pushed past Masaki who stood blocking her exit, "There's no one here and no sign that they ever were, including whoever you're looking for."

"Relax, will find them," she only looked at Masaki, of course she knew she would find them. She wasn't about to give up till she did. With another sigh she set off, this time Masaki was the one following her.

They were making their way down the last small ally they hadn't checked. Crystal a few paces in front of Masaki eager to get to the end. It was the last place they had to look surely they'd be there. "Wait," frustrated Crystal turned around to face Masaki who had his head tilted to one side, like he had heard a strange sound.

"What?" It came out a little more stern then she had anticipated, but she was anxious to find the girls. Masaki placed a finger to his lips, "Listen." Crystal also tilted her head to see if she could hear what Masaki supposedly had. The soft tapping of metal rung in her ears.

Turning to face where the sound was coming from, Masaki inspected the graffitied rusted shipping container

Turning to face where the sound was coming from, Masaki inspected the graffitied rusted shipping container. Placing his hand on the double latches, pulled them out and with a jerk tugged on the heavy door stepping back to open it. Crystal ran over to join him, a smile spread across her face as she let out a sigh of relief from the sight within.

There were her friends, some siting in tears on the floor other slumped over leaning against the walls of the container, but for the most part everyone appeared unharmed. There were a handful of other girls Crystal didn't recognize, one of the girls was sporting a bloodied hand which she held up to block the light suddenly shining in her face. No doubt she had been using it to constantly bang against the sharp corroded walls. A few of the other girls had similar markings.

Masaki knelt in front of the group who were still trying to adjust their eyes to the sudden change in light. "It's okay you're safe now," he extended his hand to the nearest girl for her to take. Though she couldn't see her face as Masaki blocked most of her view, Crystal recognized it was Sakura from her light bubble gum pink hair.

As soon as Sakura noticed Crystal standing just behind Masaki she pushed past him headed straight towards her engulfing her in a tight hug, the other girls from the club right behind her.

"Crystal!" "Thank god you're all okay," Crystal was embraced into a large group hug and from where he was still kneeling, Masaki stood up a look of disappointment that he too did not receive a hug evident on his face.

"Oh, Asami." After hugging the girl Crystal held her at arms length to inspect the bruises that ran all up and down her stomach and back. The poor girl was in nothing but white hot pants and equally short tight crop top. "Here," with nothing but empathy in her tone, Crystal removed her jacket and draped it over the girls shoulders and wrapped it around her pulling it closed around the girls small fragile frame.

The group were making their way back to where they'd left Hiroto when a roaring cheer echoed through the air. Many of the girls slightly retreated back at being startled of the aggressive yells. Their fear was the other side had been victorious, but something in those cheers told Crystal otherwise.

For one thing the cry of, "That's what you get when you mess with SWORD!" "Let's Go Sword!" and other various celebratory shouts boasting SWORD's strength could be heard through the dense cheers of the gangs. She turned to the girls to reassure them, "It's okay, its over. Let's go."

The group rounded the corner to see Hiroto and the man, still engaged in their fight. "Are you still at it?" Masaki half teased half actually surprised at his brother.

In his defense Hiroto did seemed like he was done with the man as the larger fight was finished. But the man wasn't interested in stopping until there was a clear winner. The man moved to strike once more but a gentle voice stopped him, "Ice?"  The man, Ice, turned around to face the girl who had just called his name. Crystal recognized her as the girl she had fought with earlier.

"Sarah," with a silent exchange between the two, Ice admitted defeat. "No use in fighting anymore if we ain't gonna get paid right?" One of the boys on Ice's side spoke up but Ice made no indication that he heard the man.

He kept his glare focused on Hiroto, not wanting to leave their fight unfinished,"See you around Bro," with one last stare up and down at Hiroto, he turned and led his gang out. Crystal wondered where they would run off too. They obviously couldn't stay here anymore. She had kept an eye on the girl Sarah as soon as she had stepped into view, still curious as to the girls motives.

With the Mighty Warriors gone, Masaki came to stand by his brother who finally relaxed to face Crystal and the rest of the kidnapped girls. "Did you find her?" "These were all the girls that were being held?"

Hiroto took a closer look at them, "She's not there." "I'm telling you these were all the girls. What does she look like?" Masaki protested his brothers stubbornness.

From behind Crystal Asami sheepishly spoke up, "Um....there was another girl." The silence they gave her told her she should continue, "She was with us, but when everything started these two guys took her off somewhere else."

"Where did they take her?" Masaki questioned looking around for a possible location. "What did she look like?" Hiroto asked overlapping Masaki's question. "I don't know," disappointment she couldn't answer, Asami shrunk back into Crystals side. "It's okay, think about it for a moment," Crystal encouraged her. The least she could do was help them find this Lala girl after they had helped her find her friends.

"She had long brown hair, soft features," Asami shook her head trying to remember the glimpse of the girl she'd seen before they had pulled her away. "She was wearing a tattered old green jacket, if that helps. I don't know where they took her. The last time any of us saw her it was so hectic, the fight started, there were all these loud noises, we were being shoved and forced into this huge metal container," her speech broken a little as she re-lived the terrifying experience. Crystal wrapped her arm around her shoulder as Asami placed her head on it in comfort.

"Let's go. I know where that is, it's a good place to start," Masaki tapped his brother on the shoulder. The brothers took off but not before Masaki once again gave Crystal another charming smile, "Thanks, I'll see you around. Deciding not to make some sarcastic remark she only wished them the best,"Good luck."

Masaki gave her a wink and then briskly walked to catch up to his brother slightly annoyed at how far away he already was, "Wait for me." Crystal shook her head in amusement at his continued antics as she returned to her goal of getting the girls back to the White Rascals.