Is there a Secret Underwater?

Hope grinned as she sat down at one of the many tables in the Great Hall the day of the second task. She looked around, still marvelling at how well the renovations have gone. She had honestly never expected anything quite so marvellous.

All the house tables and seats had been replaced (since they hadn't been changed in well over a century). However, instead of four huge long tables as before there was at least fifty large round tables scattered about the hall. They were perfectly varnished in green, blue, yellow, or red with either the schools, or a house coat of arms engraved perfectly on them by a group of master carpenters eager for the business.

Instead of benches, the students would now have their own chair as many were surrounding the much smaller rounded tables. They were done in a similar fashion to the tables. Then in all four school-colours was the teachers table. There was now two running along the front of the hall overlooking their students with a gap between both (with a podium in front) with old teachers and new seated happily chatting.

Though, the teacher's tables faded from red to yellow to green to blue from left to right. Then there was two super-long tables down the sides of the hall where everyone got their food as the tables had warming properties, which kept food warm.

She looked at the floor to see it was varnished red wood with the Fairytale coat of arms engraved all over under the varnish. The hourglasses had been replaced with newer more modern looking ones, and they now had digital counters, in house colours so the students could see who was in the lead to the exact point.

The point system was now different, as people were also given points as individuals as well as a house. The default number was the houses points, but just touching your houses 'hourglass' made it change to show your individual points. House points couldn't be taken, only added to, but personal points could and would earn treats or luxuries taken or even punishments.

The walls had the same design as the floor with a rainbow of lights running down them with four huge house banners on each side of the hall. Looking up the walls, she could see crystals stalagmites running down from the edges of the ceiling that were making the rainbows along the walls.

The ceiling was transparent crystal shaded in multiple colours to shade the sun, a domed rectangle with angled plates looking out into the clear sky with a rainbow of different colours reflected off of.

Hope was wearing her robes over her swimsuit and they could see some kind of slim line white rubber gloves covering her hands while she ate her breakfast.

"You shouldn't eat right before swimming," Ginny said smiling at her friend.

"Wife's... I mean mothers tale," she replied sticking out her tongue. "It's actually so untrue that swimming on an empty stomach is more likely to cause you trouble!"

Ginny pouted as she slumped. "If it's not true... well my mums made me wait before I can go swimming. She says you get cramps, but-."

"She's been wasting your swim-time," Hermione agreed aiming her smug smirk at Ginny.

Ginny pouted more, but smiled as Luna took her hand and hugged her arm. "Don't worry Ginny, you'll know from now on."

She gave her girlfriend a secret smile as she enjoyed the semi-cuddle. It was really nice to have a girlfriend she thought to herself as she smilingly poked a piece of apple into Luna's mouth giggling as she had just had it between her teeth.

They finished off breakfast while talking and laughing before McGonagall called for everyone that it was time for the second task of the tournament as the organisers had finished setting up with the help of goblins, mainly to keep their eyes on the susceptible humans.