The Secret of Knowing Fate

Hope had hope. She stood up before monsters, whether human, monster-monster, or otherwise, probably even aliens if they attacked, and yes he did know about 'muggle' things. So while she stood before the real Mad-Eye Moody, minus his see through stuff eye he quivered. She was the greater magician, and greater human. She had saved him while Albus Dumbledore let him suffer in his trunk.

He sat up in the bed in the medical wing of Fairytale Magician Academy wearing white Fairytale logoed medical pyjamas and he had a standard black eye patch over his missing eye. His other eye watched the girl carefully as he knew from years as an auror that the girl was much more talented and resourceful than any of Dumbledore's claims hinted at.

Dumbledore tried to play her off as an attention seeking, ignorant child who was lacking any real talent in the magical arts. Moody had already known she was a girl disguised as a boy, and it came as a surprise that she had conquered Hogwarts, changed its name, and pretty much bought it out from under Albus Dumbledore's nose, and had him fired.

Alastor Moody wasn't just a little impressed with that kind of bravo. He tended to not find anyone in the 'modern' era of magic that could impress him, maybe only Albus Dumbledore had impressed anything upon him, but Hope outmanoeuvred the older man and played him for a fool. She had been playing games that just went over Dumbledore's and many other people's heads because she wasn't using politics, or using money to bribe politicians.

No, Hope Potter was much too genius to be that simple or stupid. She just bought stuff that no one else would because she saw they had uses beyond being old pieces of useless real-estate. Then the ministry cut funds to the school and she didn't need to buy the school as it belonged to the magical people as it was bequeathed to all who were born magical by the schools founders.

However, all schools needed funding, and the funder had the right to change whatever they wanted as long as it was a school for magical children, and they had protection within its walls and were taught to use their powers. That gave her so much leeway and power over the school that she even changed its name but it was still a school, and free to all, even those who the ministry and Dumbledore would call unworthy or too weak to bother with were going to get invitations from then on.

She had willingly caught him up on matters, and he wanted to believe that she was trying to manipulate him by saying Dumbledore knew he had been replaced, but he knew Dumbledore too well, unfortunately and she made so much more sense. That old man wouldn't have been above it if it served his Greater Good, just like he wasn't above letting those Durmstrang boys within the school, believe it or not, he had two daughters and three granddaughters, luckily all having graduated.

He frowned more as he thought of his oldest granddaughter; she had two children; a boy and a girl, and in the near future they would be going to Hogwarts (now he supposed Fairytale Academy). That would have been on his mind if he heard about the conditions of the tournament for Durmstrang to compete, which was likely why Dumbledore never said anything.

Alastor looked from the girl to the two ICW warmage standing guard of the medical wing doors, watching him. Things had changed a lot in the past fifty years as the title warmage (which was just an old traditional name for magical soldier) used to be all men, but these two were young women. He could tell from their stances that they were well trained and powerful, maybe even able to stand toe-for-toe with somebody of Dumbledore's supposed talents in magic.

He knew that the magical combat forces were extremely low (because they came from all over ICW territories), but the ICW could, if the need arose enlist aurors from any participating allied country if they needed to fight some dark idiots like Voldemort and his Death Eaters.