Chapter II: Scarlet Eyes Act 1 (Part II)

The carriage stops a distance from the same building that they visited before. Already looking outside the carriage's window, Y/N immediately notices the scarlet eyed boy crouching and seeming to be drawing something on the ground using a small stick while having four men surrounding him, intently listening and watching to what he's saying and doing. Getting intrigued at what he could possibly be doing, she instantly steps out and quickly approaches them after the coachman opens the door with Albert following not far behind. Y/N slightly lifts up her skirt to avoid being a nuisance to her motions.

"Pardon me for my sudden intrusion, but I'm quite curious at what you're doing." Acquiring the right length away from them, Y/N remarked after greeting them that let her presence be known by the group as the adults let their nervousness and panic be unknown by the newly arrived child. 

She looks at each of them while offering a small smile before taking a peek to the complicated formula the boy had been solving.

'Are they talking about a sewage system or something? If so, why...' She thought with her face still radiating a happy bloom on them, managing to hear what the boy was saying earlier about digging and successfully hiding her suspicion about the peculiar topic.

"You seem to be talking about something complicated." Albert spoke next once he makes his arrival as both Y/N and the other child slowly turned to him. 

The latter stands up and greets the two nobles politely and respectfully. One of the men that's crouching in front of him earlier also stands up and erases the writings on the dusty ground with the sole of his shoes, telling his colleagues that they still have some work to do.

"We won't be able to finish it today if we slack off." One of the adults announced to the others as they then went on their way after each stood up and dusted off their pants from any dirt as their retreating figures are being followed by Y/N's skeptical gaze.

"Did we get in the way...?" Albert asked their remaining new companion who also gazes at the men's retreating form, informing Albert that he's already done with the important part of their discussion.

"You're almost like everyone's advisor..." Albert commented as he glances at the boy, who's quite surprised about the remark as Y/N nods and glances at Albert, intertwining her hands and placing it near her abdomen.

"Or rather, like a counselor." She remarked next after suddenly thinking of the word, finding the said title fitting for the young boy while she proceeds to gaze at the person in which her statement was being directed to. 

"I've been living my life like this. If I give people advice, I get food or money in return. I figured that it's a more peaceful way of living than stealing." He shared a small piece of his life story to the two as his eyes narrow a bit that didn't go unnoticed by his new companions, especially Y/N as she felt like there's something more about what he had said.

She gazes at him, locking with his own scarlet eyes for a few seconds as it seems that no one wants to back down. Y/N offers a small grin, lightening up her aura more before she positively remarks. "That's good, as long as you're helping people and it's for a good purpose." 

He smiles and returns his gaze back to the men who's still at a viewing distance from them before informing further. "What's more, if I can be of help to someone who's having a hard time, I'd like to do everything I can possibly do." Suddenly facing the two, he gives a close eyed smile that radiates his own positive outlook.

------------~~~~~~~~~-------------

A bell ringing resonates throughout the small portion of the city as it is also wrapped in a heavy fog that made the surroundings bleak and dark, even though it's not yet night time. The noble duo are currently journeying through the city streets with no hindrance. Passing by some gossiping men, both Y/N and Albert halt in their steps after catching a gist of what they're talking about.