Chapter IX: A Study in 'S' Act 2 (Part I)

The midnight sky draped above the city with little to no stars present among its surface that almost left the streets and alleys shrouded in pure darkness if not for the street lights that are illuminated. The police officers, the detective and his companions are currently making their way outside and back towards their respective carriages that had been parked on the side of the muddy street in front of the estate. Y/N blinks in surprise when the detective suddenly changes his direction and jogs past the other officers that made them panic as Gregson follows the detective again for thinking that he might be trying to escape.

Sherlock just tells Gregson to be quiet after the officer reminds him to get inside the carriage and before Gregson could utter his annoyance, Lestrade went to the detective's aid and asks what the detective had found that might cause for his attention to be caught by the street that he's gazing at. Sherlock crouches down to thoroughly observe the street as he gives a positive answer to Lestrade's inquiry. 

After finding something interesting, Sherlock stands back up again and asks a favor to his friend without looking at him. "Lestrade... Let me escape."

Lestrade was surprised with his sudden request, though knowing the detective, he should've anticipated it. His surprise was evident when he released a small gasp as his eyes also slightly widens. Sherlock faces him as the detective gives a reassuring smile afterwards. Without even hearing and just watching the interaction from the sidelines, Y/N could already conclude whatever the detective is saying to the officer that was fortunately heard between the two of them. Within moments later, the detective and the police officers are already inside one of the carriages and moving back to the police station.

As for the detective's two companions, they are making their journey towards the location that was written on the piece of paper in which Sherlock had slipped to John earlier. The means of their transportation is the same as the police officers', but it's clearly evident that it's much more luxurious than theirs. A distinctive coat of arms on each sides of the carriage was being covered with a red velvet curtain since it is best to not let the others know of what power and standing Y/N really has. And so, with the occasional and casual conversation between the two friends, they await for their arrival towards their destination.

------------~~~~~~~~~-------------

They had finally arrived at the location that lead them under a bridge with a river flowing ever so calmly as Y/N couldn't help, but let her mind wander off. Thoughts running around how she could have a greater chance of changing the system with only one problem. Noticing his companion's silence, John didn't want to disturb and minded his own business and after a while noticed that it's getting a bit late for the detective to arrive. He decided to take a look at the time through his pocket watch after a minute of admiring the silence and the moon's reflection on the river when it had finally appeared in the sky.

"Sorry to keep you waiting. Ho? Y/N is here, too?" The detective had finally arrived. 

Stepping down the stairs that led under the bridge, Sherlock stands a distance between him and the two as he lets the handcuffs dangle on his right palm while he approaches them with a small smile. John immediately greets him with a call of his name and stuffs back his pocket watch inside his pocket. Copying Sherlock's actions, the two also start to approach him as they all stopped when its finally a good distance in between.

"You didn't inform us earlier that only John could go so I decided to join you in your endeavor before I bid a goodbye to John as it seems like the two of you are in for quite an adventure, yes?" Y/N informed with a smile, getting excited and momentarily forgetting the worries she had thought about earlier.

Sherlock hums in amusement and getting fond of her reaction before John joins in the conversation. "I'm so glad that you managed to get away. The inspector cooperated with you, just like what you had written in your note."