Leading to Sherlock's Ending Chapter XXII: The Two Criminals (Part II)

Y/N lets the hood of her cloak fall down with the help of the raging wind caused by the building up storm of the night.

Leaves fluttered carelessly around, but she and the others remained focused at the prepared task at hand as the detective crouching beside her soon informs after observing the perimeter. "There doesn't seem to be a way for us to approach from the east without being seen. Just to be safe, we should go around the west..."

Looking around the viewable part of the mansion, Sherlock adjusts his position to get a clearer view before he adds on. "There was a flash of light. First storey, west side."

Following the said direction he had located it, John was the one more surprised with the information as he utters an inquiry in confusion. "Huh? But isn't there supposed to be no one in there?"

Y/N just kept silent, knowing all too well that they aren't the ones currently having business with Milverton at the moment. Focusing further in the same area, the three of them soon sees a series of light flashing for a moment with a small time interval in between and even through the whipping wind, they're still able to hear the muffled sounds of the gunshots as John exclaims in alarm that there really are people inside.

Glancing at Sherlock as well, Y/N could only assume that he's currently understanding and rereading the events that lead to this situation, having been drowned in his thoughts as he stares in front of him while John's inquiry remained to be unheard for him. He seemed to freeze, recalling the events that seemed to have connection behind it all.

The sky continues to grumble as he soon mumbles to himself. "So that's what this is all about. I've misread the situation."

"What are you referring to?" Blinking in surprise and confusion, John asked to fully grasp what he is really talking about as Y/N just silently listens to them.

Not giving an answer to his question, Sherlock proceeded to make a request instead without sparing John a glance and remaining in his focused and observant self. "John, head back into town and fetch the police."

Glancing at Sherlock before letting his gaze met with Y/N's subtly confused ones, John gives another question again. "And what are you two trying to do?"

Remaining in the same form of his, the detective answers in reassurance, looking at John at the end. "We'll stay here and survey the situation. Once you'll be back with the police, we'll use their investigation to cover us to bury the evidence."

John gives in, nodding in understanding as he verbally informs. "Very well. But see that you don't take any action without me, Sherlock. Y/N, I have faith that you'll keep him in check."

He directs a small smile towards their other companion, who returns one of her own, reassuring him that she'll keep his reminder in mind. Amused with the thought of having her to keep an eye on him, Sherlock only subtly smirked before he ushers John further. John soon left and when he was out of sight, Y/N could only assume that Sherlock will do something based on the determined gaze he had back at the mansion.

She follows the detective, cautiously making their approach as there are luckily no other people guarding the mansion in their area. Rushing off and reaching a window nearby, they noticed the fight as Sherlock tries to make a survey inside through it, but he immediately ducked when a bullet broke a vase nearby. He grits his teeth at the close visibility of them, sweating subtly upon concluding that there really is no way that they could pass the chaos on that same floor. Surveying the area, his companion soon noticed something. Y/N silently shows him another way inside, pointing at a balcony leading to the upper floor.

Having enough equipment to make an entrance, they easily did so as both of them are mildly surprised to see the unlocked doors. Stepping inside only to be reached with subtle darkness of the area, the two then climbed upstairs where they heard someone talking.