Chapter X: The Two Detectives Act 1 (Part II)

The soft bustle of the train brought harmony that was blended with the conversation Y/N had with William and Louis as they travelled from Durham and back to London within the vehicle. Being beside the window, it was easy to let her sight be filled with the greenery outside that seemed to be a blur caused by the speed of their travel while she lets it wander towards her other two companions from time to time during their talk. Finally finishing their meal that left some scraps on the plates that they had used with some liquid still left on their glasses, someone suddenly occupies the vacant space beside Louis.

"Yo, professor! Fancy meeting you here." The familiar face of the detective whom Y/N had predicted to be in the same train as theirs from their journey from the York had a small smirk on his face as his focus is only pinned on the said person that he had greeted. 

William made an eye contact with Sherlock, his eyes slightly widen in surprise and even Louis held the same expression as he gives a sideways glance to his seatmate.

'Sherlock Holmes! What is he doing here?' Louis had his mouth slightly agape with a bead of sweat dripping down his cheek and it seemed like Y/N was the only one who is remaining to be calm with the situation.

"You're that man whom we sailed together on the Noahtic..." William stated in recognition, pausing in his sentence while glancing at the person that he had accompanied to the said journey.

"Sherlock." The detective continued for him, leaning back a little from having his upper body tilted forward a bit from being excited to see the mathematician in quite an unexpected moment.

William places both of his hands on the white sheet covered table, just below his plate, with his right over the left before he informs. "I read about you in the newspaper. You solved the case of Count Drebber's murder."

Sherlock lets his elbow rest on the table, lowering his head a bit that hung low, as if he was quite tired about that information. "I'm at my wit's end about that. I intended to have Lestrade take all the credit for it, but either somebody leaked it, or a reporter sniffed it out."

William smiles that's partnered up with his eyes closing while he responds. "I don't see any problem with it. As a result, your fame as a detective has risen and you have gained more clients, have you not?" William reopens his eyes, gazing forward to the detective with an unnoticeable narrowed gaze.

Sherlock lets his hand open, gesturing as he speaks when he looked at William again. "Hmm, well, yeah. But I have no interest in those dull, tuppeny-ha'penny cases. What interest me more is---" The detective was cut off by his seatmate as his gesture wavered, making his palm gently close again as he abruptly turns his attention towards Louis.

Immediately getting straight to the point of wanting him to leave and to not disturb their privacy any longer, Louis informs him with a small glare in distaste. "Mr. Holmes, begging your pardon, but we were just finishing our meal."

Lowering his forearm and letting it touch the surface of the table, the detective starts to observe the utensils, plates, and glassware that were used and deduced something from it. "You haven't even been served of your dessert or digestif, right? Just let me bend your ear for a bit."

Noticing the annoyance that his brother tries very hard to mask with a blank one, William did not let Louis counter an argument again that made Louis glance at him in quite of disbelief when he speaks up. "We do not mind at all. We were just starting to get bored, as well."

With the professor's permission to continue his narration and sharing of one of his current adventures, Sherlock did just that after adjusting to make himself more comfortable. "As it happens, I went to York to investigate a case, but it turned out to be not at all what I thought it was."