Chapter XIX: The White Knight of London Act 1

The sunlight on the outside seemed to hold a scarlet hue, bringing such color within the room where the organization held their current meet up. It covered the natural color scheme, painting the room with its eerily scarlet tone which is left ignored by the people inside. Situated right beside William, Y/N gently lets her hand intertwine with his own. She had been snapped out of her trip down the memory lane, smiling softly at the fate she had been brought to. The thing that she had hoped for had been long since granted, even given her the chance to both find romance despite the mission William had chosen.

Even with that, she had already started to feel quite conflicted with her emotions, but she was reassured yet again with her own knight. William makes his grip on hers secure, letting her know that he had noticed her forlorn expression and silently bringing her security. Such affection was not ignored by the others, sneaking a glance or two while having a small smile on their faces.

The temporary relieving atmosphere was soon exchanged with a solemn one, being  brought upon the news Fred soon announced to all. "Someone has taken away the court record that you have left to be found."

Fred continues, despite the growing tension as such information is important for all to hear. "The one who took it was Augustus Charles Milverton. It appears that his objective was not to find a precedent, but to investigate William's past."

Y/N blinks in surprise that stopped her memory travelling and with such coincidence of the events that was her reminiscing it as well, focusing on the present situation. Seeing the familiarity she held within her expression, William also held a look of amusement with such situation of theirs in which he had grown to believe that it must be fate for such ordeal to happen.

The two were soon focused on with their current dilemma, looking at Albert seated across from them with the others also prepared to listen.

Noticing such attention given to him, Albert then informs to the others who might not have known about it, sharing his own knowledge. "Lord Milverton... A man who owns many newspapers and advertising firms, who has acquired the nickname King of Media." 

Maestro Jack proceeded to state his opinion, being subtly amazed with such feat their current enemy had achieved himself. "Even though he is not a nobleman, he's still a prominent businessman." 

Being left for a small moment in the dark and being curious yet again, James proceeds to ask. "What is Will's court records?" 

With fondness, Y/N proceeds to give an answer. "Back when William was a kid, he went up against a nobleman in court and such event was spectacular to witness."

Because of such importance he had found, James asks why William would leave it to be found, realizing something as he Louis nods in agreement with his guess. 

William soon called out to them. "It's clear that he's targeting me. All of you should be wary of this man. Consider him our most significant enemy... and eliminate him."

------------~~~~~~~~~-------------

The brightness and natural color of the room another meeting was being held in soon presented itself, absent of the tension as they found something to focus other than it. Both Louis and Y/N had gone on with their short trip to a shop earlier, hearing a gossip about the Lord of Crime that caused them to listen. Identifying a certain individual that the gossipers found better to side on than the Lord of Crime, it immediately caught their attention. Glancing to the side where a stack of newspapers were neatly piled, Y/N decided to buy one as well to inform the others about the news they just heard about.