Chapter XVI: The Phantom of the Whitechapel Act 2 (Part II)

The still firing Gatling gun is still visible to the trio's new location, shooting as if there's no tomorrow at nothing, entirely missing its target that had managed to take refuge behind a slowly destroyed building caused by the bullets that managed to hit the infrastructure. Debris carelessly flew about in many directions caused by the attack along with a glowing smoke from the departure of the bullets that made the location be filled with dust and dirt from the relentless impact. After swiftly running through the roof, James abruptly makes a stop before turning on his heel to face where the weapon is.

Positioning himself to have a good aim, he proceeds to take out a coin that momentarily shimmered, despite the lack of proper illumination, flipping it as both Y/N and Sebastian waited for what he's about to do, focusing on the coin with a narrowed gaze in concentration. Realizing what was about to happen, both of them smirked. James pressed a foot on the roof to stabilize himself with the other making momentum for a kick he's about to deliver, aiming to hit the coin. Once the coin starts to fall while still flipping, James wasted no time in immediately letting it direct itself towards the enraged weapon below.

With their pistols at the ready, both Y/N and Sebastian make their own aim at the shimmering silver coin, firing at the same time as the bullets rapidly shot towards the gun's muzzle. Clanking along the coin when both bullets making contact with it that made its direction change and lower itself, the bullets soon exchanged with its supposed location. Both bullets caused the weapon to grumble in protest before it malfunctioned then suddenly exploded. Such explosion caused the officer operating it and those standing nearby to be torn away from their confusion, moving along the shock wave it brought.

It fortunately didn't affect Jack too much as he sighs in relief right after the situation finally calmed down. James looked at his companions for any reaction with an excited and expectant expression as it was met with both the two smiling. The three celebrated their success with all of them having their elbows gently bumping altogether. Seeing as everything seemed to be fine, Y/N excuses herself before taking her leave, receiving a good luck from the two. Journeying towards a certain building, Y/N proceeds to carefully and stealthily do so. She makes her arrival, covering half of her face with the hood of her black cloak.

Walking through the barely lit hallway with her two new companions, Y/N could hear the muffled mutters of some people within the near room slowly silencing after hearing them approaching. The moonlight seeping through the cracks and closed glass windows of the establishment are the source of their light and the silence made the clicking of the heels of their shoes much more audible and noticeable for their targets.

As William leads, he started to say, continuing to make his entrance that was already anticipated by the group of enemies inside. "Hell... has been deserted. All of its devils... are right here."

The targets remained astounded with the uninvited visitors, immediately being on high alert with any possible trick they would receive from the new arrivals. William subtly glares at the group that is now right in front of him, scarlet eyes gleaming dangerously under the moonlight that's clear to the targets.

"Who are you blokes?" One of them asked aggressively, a gruff tone to his voice as he glared at the three.

Some of them that are wary of the new arrivals had stood up while those who are still deeming that there is no such worry to do so remained resting and occupying their seats. All of them are waiting for an answer.

It was soon given to them when William makes an introduction, slowly letting his face be on view after taking off the hood of his cloak. "James Moriarty. Or rather... if I say Lord of Crime, does that makes it easier for you?"