Chapter XI: The Two Detectives Act 2 (Part II)

Staring at the smoothly dancing liquid of the tea in its cup, Y/N found herself getting calmer, knowing that John's accusation will be rightfully judged along with his innocence be shone in the light and the murder case solved by not just one, but two intellectual individuals on board of the crime scene. The distance to the next station decreases along with the limited time the two needed to solve the case before the killer could find the right chance to escape. Y/N was snapped out of just staring blankly at her tea when William speaks up, his calm voice further lulling her to be at peace and feel fine with the situation.

"The culprit was greatly upset by the unforeseen killing." William stated, carefully placing his fingers and wraps it around the handle of the cup which was simply designed with white porcelain and a blue hue lining the rim that had also the same design as the saucer it was earlier placed.

William lifts the cup away from it, taking a sip of the brownish orange liquid inside of it with his eyes closed, savoring the taste with a few sips. After having a drink, William reopens his eyes and lets his gaze land on the remaining liquid inside the teacup that was raised in his chest level, remaining a secure grip on its handle.

"Even so, the reason why he locked the door after he left was because he had left some fear of his crime being revealed. Then the killer bumped into Mr. Watson at the washroom." William remarked further about his understanding of the crime before he suddenly looks forward and towards his brother sitting directly in front of him while graciously placing back the cup on top of the saucer. 

"Louis, do you know why the killer went to the washroom?" William asked just as Louis was supposed to take a sip of his own tea that made the younger brother stop his actions and look at William after he questioned him.

Louis blinks twice, thinking of the correct answer as he also places his teacup on its respective saucer. He lowers his gaze, cutting it off by meeting with his brother's while he starts to give a response. "The killer had to have been carrying the murder weapon and the key to that room. Having them is like making a declaration that he was the murderer." 

From looking to the side furthermore as he spoke his second statement, Louis abruptly looks back again to his brother when he finally had a realization of the possible reason and answer to his question. "So he went there to dispose of those things, didn't he?"

"That's quite right and it's one reason. The windows in the passenger compartment do not open, so he probably threw them out the washroom window. Once the tracks are searched, they will likely find the key and the weapon." William explained, adding the other important information he acquired. Louis gives a question in return, asking what could be the other reason other than his own answer.

William gestures to the lady seated beside him, wanting for her to be included in the conversation to get her mind off clearly worrying about her friend as he implies her opinion. "I believe Y/N might have the answer to it, don't you, Y/N?"

Y/N glances at William for a second to let him see the smile filled with appreciation from her before she looks at Louis and gives an answer. "It's quite simple, really. The other reason is that the killer wanted to wash off the blood that had been present on him." She finishes her statement with a small curve of her lips once more.

Louis frowned, gripping his chin with two fingers in thought as his eyes glance to his right where the scenery can be seen through the glass window of the train. He then mutters his own commentary. "The blood? From his victim? If he tossed out his clothing along with the weapon and key..."

Louis gasps before he looks at his brother after realizing the reason as William notices his understanding and further explains to him with actions, gripping both sides of his outermost brown suit as he also looks at it. "Yes. He should have tossed them, but he didn't. The killer is someone who couldn't dispose of his clothing."