Chapter X: The Two Detectives Act 1 (Part I)

Riding through the street is a quite fancy carriage that was driven by a coachman clad in an equally fancy suit that was hidden behind a dark cloak, ordered by the passenger inside the vehicle for him to wear as to not reveal her true standing. Even the easily distinct coat of arms that should be present on each side of the carriage was not visible to the others with the short and red curtain that hung above the windows that has the right length to cover it up along with giving the passenger inside some privacy, already knowing that the streets of London are filled with the usual activities of the people living in the area.

Her mood is as bright as the shimmering sun outside that shines through the fairly busy residents going on and about of their daily activities, passing by different establishments to reach their rightful destination just like the lady inside the carriage is doing so. The smile on her lips seems to be present there for a while as she was still preoccupied with the earlier events before her visit to the familiar apartment of her friend, visually expressing her joviality. Just seeing the joy and gratitude from the kids really is satisfying after she had given them her promised reward, each was their favorite choice.

Finally arriving at the Baker Street, Y/N tells the coachman to just park around the corner of it and that she'll just walk the remaining distance between the carriage and the apartment. The coachman was hesitant to do so, but after she gave a reassurance, he follows her order and proceeds to open up the carriage door for her. Stepping outside carefully, Y/N gives a goodbye and a thank you to the coachman while informing him that she won't be away for long. 

"I'll be awaiting your return, madam." The coachman bows and remains in that same position until Y/N was out of his vision before he properly stands again.

Giving a warm greeting to the strangers that happen to pass by or even go to the same direction, Y/N continues on with her journey with a warm and welcoming aura around her as the strangers that she had greeted had also been in a good mood themselves from her radiance. Some left with a warm smile on their features after being refreshed with their interaction with her. Arriving at the familiar door with the writings of 221B inscribed on top of the knocker, Y/N proceeds to knock using the said object before she was soon greeted by the landlady of the apartment, who was thoroughly surprised by her sudden arrival.

"Good day, Miss Hudson. Are the two present here? I'm just here to have a small visit to them. Do you mind if I'll accompany you later on after my visit?" Y/N stated enthusiastically as Miss Hudson snaps out of her surprised state and gives a smile, gesturing for the guest to get inside as she takes a step back to let her make an entrance.

"I don't mind at all. I'm sure it will be lovely." The landlady agreed with her invitation before the two of them proceed to go to the room where Miss Hudson was sure where the two should be while having a light conversation about their day through their journey.

After receiving Y/N's thanks, Miss Hudson immediately said her goodbye and left to continue the activity that she had done prior of Y/N's arrival once she had accompanied the visitor in front of the door where the detective and his new flatmate might be currently residing. With a smile as a greeting to whoever might open the door for her, Y/N knocks on the wooden door three times while informing the ones inside of whoever is standing behind the door, which is herself. When the door swung open, Y/N was surprised to see the detective in a quite unfamiliar tired state to her, but proceeds to give a warm greeting nonetheless.

"Good morning, Sherlock. Is John here? I just came to visit since I happen to pass by. I have just given the reward to the Irregulars and they were so sweet about it. Such kind children they are, aren't they?" 

She stops when a yawn escapes past the detective as he covers his mouth with a hand as the lady notices his droopy eyelids. "Were you sleeping? Apologies for disturbing your rest."