Chapter XV: The Phantom of Whitechapel Act 1 (Part I)

The lovely sunshine instantly engulfed the room after easily entering through the glass windows, carrying warmness and comfort to the two people inside. Greeting her lover with a kiss on the cheek and carefully doing so to not disturb him much, Y/N occupies the single sofa beside William. The said man momentarily lets his gaze land on her figure as he returns a greeting before focusing again on the written contents of the newspaper. Carefully slipping her fingers in the teacup's handle where freshly brewed tea is being contained right before Louis left earlier, she proceeds to slowly lift the cup directly in front of her lips.

While gently blowing some air to let the still hot liquid cool down, she asks what seemed to be on William's mind in between her actions. Silence was his answer, mind still being boggled with something as he slightly tilted the newspaper for her to get a clear view of the current page he's reading earlier. Adjusting herself, her gaze landed first on the accurately drawn figure of the unfortunate victim where the gruesome details are having its minimal amount because of the absence of color. Unfortunately, another bad news is presented in the newspaper, having the headline of a murderer on the loose in White Chapel.

Y/N sighs in distress upon seeing the unfortunate and gruesome fate of the victim. She continues to cool down her tea before taking a light sip of it, letting her eyes close to momentarily forget the image. Noticing her quite saddened expression and also her display of disbelief, William lets the newspaper fully face him again. 

With a small frown on his lips and the absence of his usual welcoming smile, William proceeds to unknowingly speak aloud with his serious gaze still pinned on the newspaper. "The victim was a prostitute once again. This is now the second murder that had taken place in Whitechapel."

Certain series of words was his main focus, uttering the familiar name as he casts a faraway look while staring at nothingness. "'Jack the Ripper'..." 

Also having a familiarity of the name, Y/N halts in consuming her tea further before reopening her eyes. Eyebrows furrowed in contemplation before letting her gaze be met with William's. Their silent mutual understanding was cut off when they heard a certain colonel screaming from upstairs. A moment before the loud noise occurred, Louis had led James to his supposed designated room, meeting the man stated right after he prepared some tea for the couple.

Ascending the sturdy and cleaned wooden stairs leading to the second floor, Louis makes a stop followed by James before the former began surveying the hallway.

 "Please use this room, Mr. Bonde." Louis informed before opening the wooden door they both stopped at after resuming their approach to it. 

It softly creaked as it was being opened before the barrier between either side is now temporarily absent. Hearing such sound, both Fred and Sebastian stopped whatever they're doing before looking at the other two in surprise with Sebastian the most caused by his still incomplete clothing before he then panics. Standing up from sitting down on a small stool, Sebastian proceeds to hide his private area while facing the two sudden guests. 

Eyes widened in surprise and disbelief, Sebastian proceeds to unintentionally exclaim in a rising volume. "Wah! You fool! Why are you opening the door?! You're a woman! Stay out of here!" 

He abruptly ordered James in an aggravated manner, disliking such idea of having him inside the room.

James just ignored his annoyance, further entering the room with small strides while letting his gaze stay towards the two as he informs the original occupants. "As of today, I will also be using this room, so cheers."

Acquiring the information surprised Moran yet again, asking a request for an immediate action to his concern to their other companion. "Huh?! Do something about this, Louis!"