Epilogue: Sherlock's Ending

As the three people journeyed towards somewhere only known by the couple, Y/N lets herself be relaxed with the calmness evident on the outside. It had been quite a while since she had enjoyed spending her time to other activities other than having some paper works and ensuring that everything is still as wonderful as it could be currently. Though other than her duties, she had quite an adventure whenever she decides to visit a certain detective, always been filled with mystery solving and just generally being together until it is quite clear to the others that the relationship between the two bloomed beautifully.

As the two grew closer, they had soon started to easily read and understand the other even through glances that makes them unstoppable with most of the cases, causing most of the culprits to almost faint in nervousness and fear of the pressure. Remembering a certain entertaining moment that she had discovered about the detective caused a smile to be present on her features, clearly noticed by both John and Mary as they each cast a jovial look to the other. The scenery soon changed into one that could be enjoyed more of its serenity with only the flora and occasional fauna being the company.

Noticing the change of their surroundings caused Y/N to be even more curious. Different assumptions soon disturbed her thoughts of Sherlock, proceeding to think what really is the reason of their sudden travel, especially now that she just seemed to just accompany the couple where it's much better for the two to be together in their own. And an undeniable addition to her confusion is the absence of the detective. With a few more distance the vehicle they rode covered, the carriage soon makes its stop in front of a pathway where she could see some other familiar faces already waiting for them.

John was the first one to exit the carriage, holding out a hand for Mary to take as Wiggins was the one who guides Y/N outside after stepping off from driving the carriage. Thanking him for his assistance, the two soon followed after the couple where the others are. The amount of people the group really is only caused Y/N to be more confused and curious about what really awaits for her as the two seemed to be determined to hide the answer. Because of such, she proceeded to ask the others about it, but they remained her unknown of such knowledge of what really is going on that caused her to seek the answer for herself.

Noticing the location they are all in, Y/N had come up with an assumption and asks for confirmation of their activity that seemed to fit the nature of their surroundings. "Are we going to have some picnic here? I didn't bring anything for it."

Her assumption was being supported by the momentary view she had by their side where a blanket seemed to be laid down.

John nods in response before adding on some reassurance. "There's no need to. Everything is already prepared for the special event."

Noticing his slip up, John only sheepishly laughed it off while Mary could only smile nervously with John's statement.

Feigning ignorance of their further odd behavior, Y/N expresses her awe and wonder before directing some question with the quite formal clothing all of them wore as hers was surprisingly seemed to fit in with theirs. "There's another event other than having a picnic? What's the occasion? Why are you all dressed up like that? Don't get me wrong, you all look amazing, but I'm just wondering."

Miss Hudson moves a little to the side, still hiding what's behind them as John takes his place beside Mycroft to cover it more.

Giving her a reassuring smile, Mycroft soon responds. "You'll know about it soon enough."

Noticing her eagerness, some could only chuckle lightly in response, much more excited themselves for that certain happening. Mutually understanding that it's finally time, both John and Mycroft move aside along with the others from blocking her path, diverting her attention to what really is behind them. The reveal causes her to release a soft gasp in surprise with what was presented within her view. Small bushes with enough flowers to add to the beauty lined up the flattened pathway towards where the man she had grown to love awaits at the other end. She then unconsciously starts to make her approach.

The scenery seemed ethereal with the surrounding glowing softly and seldom petals dancing along the wind and the occasional gentle sway of the flora's branches and leaves. It only added to the beauty of the lovely person standing a distance away where the pathway leads her to as the others urges for her to continue on. With or without it, she would no doubt continue on her own accord. Maintaining her gracefulness despite the obvious want to just run off towards Sherlock, her wait was soon ended when she finally arrived. Taking a closer look of each other, both thinking the same of how lucky they are to have the other.

Already having a guess with what it could all be that caused her heart to flutter unintentionally, as he's the only one that could easily do so even through simple gestures and actions showing his affection, she still proceeded to ask in wonder. "Sherlock? What's all this about and why are you surprisingly dressed up?"

One thing she had discovered about the detective is that he's not one to dress up formally, perhaps finding it a bother or inconvenient. Y/N could only laugh mildly to herself with how weird her question is before another form of expressing her happiness was soon shown by the tears gently flowing on her cheeks.

Carefully wiping most of them away, Sherlock takes her hand on his own before placing a soft kiss on the back of it.

He detective only returned her inquiry with a smile, further highlighting his already handsome features as he slowly gets on one knee while still having his hold on her hand as he soon speaks up. "We had quite an adventure and I enjoy every second I spent with you through it and was wondering if we could continue on to be the best partners in life."

Finding the situation surreal with how magnificent it is, Y/N could only mutter as her breath seemed to have been taken away caused by the surprise. "Don't tell me... the special event is..."

Sherlock takes out a small box from his pocket with his vacant hand, further providing evidence to the correct guess of hers.

Meeting her gaze once more, he continues his speech. "The good times we enjoyed in and the bad times we successfully overcome are the evidence of the good chemistry we have."

Connecting another thing that he deeply fascinates himself with caused the audience to express their subtle amusement. Sherlock glances at the group for a moment, giving them a blank gaze before directing it back to Y/N, being replaced with sincerity and admiration as quick as his heartbeat at the moment.

Seeing her expectant features caused him to be determined once more, shoving away the nervousness he rarely felt before continuing. "I can't promise everything will be perfect, but I promise we'll make it work, no matter how hard it gets. I knew you were the one for me the minute I discovered that your smiles are the source of my happiness. Like the minute you have stolen my heart, would you like to take this time to have my surname as well?"

Being in awe with the unique way he worded it out only caused her to further admire him, nodding enthusiastically in return followed by a verbal response.

Sherlock unknowingly releases a subtle sigh of relief. Carefully taking out the ring from its box, he lets the container close before enclosing his other palm on it and placing it away. Letting the ring fit perfectly on its respective finger, he softly kisses the top of where the ring is before finally standing up. Y/N takes a moment to admire the new piece of jewelry that seemed to be as valuable as the love she had for him. It was no question that this would be one of the best days of their lives as another one would be approaching soon. Facing Sherlock once more, he could only return the smile she had as jovial as her own.

The newly engaged couple sealed their declaration of love with a kiss, silently sending the other their passion as the event paved way for another beautiful chapter of their lives out of many more. In opposition to the limited express of their happiness, the others soon loudly exclaim their congratulations and even some excitement for the wedding. With the event reaching its climax, it only made way for further festivity to start. Someone was being scolded gently with almost spoiling the surprise as the others prepare the foods for the picnic. A joyous memory to be added along with many more in the future.

The End