sleepover at teru's

"Okay, never have I ever had a crush on a guy from my own class," Mera said, leaving all ten fingers up.
Teru nervously chuckled, making eye contact with Yume who turned pink. The both of them slowly put their fingers down.
Then the three of them laid their eyes on you, waiting for your answer. You mimicked them, slowly putting down your thumb.

It went silent.

Then, all of a sudden the four of you busted into questions, trying to find out who liked who and all the gossip each of you could gather.
"Okay, okay! I'll go first then!" Because I'm so nice, Teruhashi volunteered, bringing her hands to her face, flustered.
"I may or may not have liked..." she paused, playing with a strand of her hair and shooting her eyes to the floor. The three of you leaned in your seat in anticipation.

"Saiki."

...

"Me too!" Yume shouted, pointing at Teru before falling back in her seat. "But that's in the past... I like someone else now" she continued, touching the tips of her fingers together.

I can't believe it. They both liked Saiki?
You wished you could tell them that Saiki liked you but you didn't know whether or not he would want that. You weren't official yet, so you stayed quiet, only replying with,
"Same here."

*

Kusuo sneezed in his dining room as he ate his dinner.
"Ku, are you sick?" His mother asked in a sweet and concerned voice.
I don't get sick. Mrs. Saiki.

*

The room fell back into conversation about why and how it came to happen. Yume described all the times she tried to get with him but failed and had blamed it on fate. Teru said she had lost interest because she never spent time with him and she wanted to wait until college to find the right one. Your explanation was yet to come.

"Wow! Would you look at the time?" You tried your luck but they didn't budge.
"Fine! I kinda... sorta... maybe... still like him."
A chorus of 'what' shot at you from all three girls. Once they had processed the information, they exchanged glances with sneaky smirks.
"Uh oh. What are you guys planning?" You asked in suspicion.
"Nothing!" Teru smiled, followed by Yume and Mera.

"Nothing at all."