it's date time

You fixed up your outfit and fidgeted with your phone case as you waited for Saiki at the front entrance. You felt a tap on your shoulder, turning around to face the perpetrator.
"Ku!" You smiled, wrapping your arms around him and resting the side of your face on his warm chest. He slowly brought up his hand, placing it on your head.
Hi. you

You felt your heart race, your mind frantic with his gesture. You didn't expect him to actually react but his hand on your head brought you everlasting comfort. You could hear his stable heartbeat against your ear.
"Hi," you merely whispered, too flustered to speak a word.
Good grief.

"Welcome! You must be the winner of the baking competition!" The enthusiastic and strangely familiar voice interrupted your embrace, causing the two of you to separate quickly.
"It's great to have someone with such skill beta taste our products!" As the two of you pulled apart to greet the worker, you jumped in surprise.
"Mera!"

*

"I can't believe the girls went through all that trouble just to get me to go on a date with you. I mean, Teru even asked her creep brother to suggest the coffee jelly tasting as the prize instead of the electric mixer! I knew they were up to something!" You rambled on your walk home.
"Hmm," Saiki hummed in agreement.

Saiki held a plastic bag with all the packets of coffee jelly with packaging defects, letting one spoonful of the delight slip into his mouth; his face painted with the same delight that made your heart flutter. You watched in awe.
He's adorable.

You reached your house, facing him to bid him farewell. You had an amazing day watching him get all excited over the jellies.
"I had fun." You smiled up at him.
Quickly, you got on your tippy toes, giving him a peck on the cheek. You didn't think at all when you did it which caught both you and him off guard, your faces hot with blush. You ran inside.
"See you later!" You yelled, slamming the door. Your heart raced as if you had just run a marathon and your chest raised up and down with deep breaths to calm yourself. You took off your shoes, quietly running into your room where you danced around in adrenaline pumped happiness.

He watched through the wall at your excited being, his fingertips resting on his cheek where your lips had met.
Silly girl.
He realised he had been smiling.
Yet, he didn't do anything to stop it.