day 1

You sat in your room now filled with the most beautiful (and expensive) flowers. The teddy bears and plushies lined up against one of your walls stared at you with their shiny, dotted eyes. A sigh escaped your lips as you flung yourself onto your bed.
Kusuke's really outdone himself.

Your phone suddenly lit up with a cheerful ringtone which you didn't remember installing. You brought it up to your ear.
"Hello?"
"Good morning, my love. I hope you liked my presents." His blatantly familiar voice rang through as expected.
"Will you take a look outside for me?" He continued.

You rolled your eyes. If this is his way of trying to woo me, it's not working. As nice as the flowers and as cute as the plushies are, how am I meant to fall for him without seeing what type of person he is? Does he think I'm this shallow?

A gasp escaped your lips as you pulled the curtains away from your windows and laid your sights on a flying device right outside. A large sign painted in your favourite colour floated in front of you.
'Care for a date?' It read. As you looked down outside the window, Kusuke's figure waved at you in excitement.

Never mind.

*

As you walked along the plant filled path, you found yourself feeling serene and secure. When you'd get lost in thought and wander too close to the edge of the path, Kusuke would subtly reach his arm out to prevent you from walking into the dirt. It was something you realised afterwards and it left a lasting effect in your mind.

You sat at the gazebo in the middle of the nature reserve, the beautiful stained wood complementing the trees.
"I heard you like nature. I wanted you to feel safe on our date so I rented out this reserve for the day. It's just you and me here."
Your attention turned to him as he spoke.
"Mm," was all you mustered up. You were almost too flustered to realise what he was doing. Almost.

Of course, you knew from the moment you said yes to his date invitation that he was gonna try some weird science shit on you so you were mostly immune to his attempts to win you over. However, you felt it wasn't much of a challenge if you ignored him so you decided to give it a shot anyway.

"I know my brother can be cold and rude. He's not very experienced nor interested in romance which is why things move so slow for you two." He spoke as his eyes examined the details of the wood. His gaze turned to you as he continued speaking.
"I bet he hasn't even officially asked you to be his girlfriend yet."
Your eyes widened slightly, facing the empty space next to you. He was absolutely right.
"That's really not your business."

He sighed a reminiscing sigh. One you'd let out after admiring something for a while and then having to part ways.
"A beautiful girl like you..." He turned his whole body to face you, taking your hands into his. "...deserves more." He finished, resting your hands back down. He stood up, outreaching his hand towards you, indicating that he wanted to leave.
"Shall we?"
You got up, leaving his hand empty and floating in place.
This is going to be harder than I expected. (Kusuke)

*

The rest of the day went by quickly. He treated you to lunch and walked you home all while telling you about the stuff he was working on in England and the reason for his family feud with Kusuo. As you parted ways, he patted you on the head with a soft smile, waiting for you to safely get inside before leaving.

You found it hard to concentrate on the conversations with Kusuke during the date as you found yourself going right back to what he had said in the gazebo. You shook your head, this is what he wanted and you weren't going to give in. Saiki will ask me when he's most comfortable!

*

You laid on your bed, facing the ceiling in thought, a frown on your face.
I miss Kusuo. I haven't seen him all day.
As if he was watching you, you felt the swish of wind as he teleported next to you.
Ku!

He held a bag of snacks and a stack of shitty video games that no one ever played. You laughed as he explained that he couldn't play mainstream video games because of spoilers so he'd settle for the badly rendered video games with horrible graphics. You spent the rest of the night laughing at Kusuo's attempts to play the games and watching him get slightly annoyed when you played better than him.

I don't normally like spending snacking and video game time with other people. It's the only time I can fully be alone and enjoy average teen stuff on my own.
I guess she can be an exception just this one time. It's not because I missed her today or anything. I just thought I'd try something new.