priorities

You laid on your bed, blushing profusely at the memory of your first kiss. Your hand gripped your chest, feeling your heart beat loudly against your palm.
You rolled onto your side, hugging your pillow tightly and you squirmed into it. You hadn't been this happy since forever.
Well, he is my boyfriend now so I guess it's not that big of a deal. But still!
You had never expected to be where you are.

You transferred into PK Academy with high hopes to leave your old life behind but never did you imagine you'd meet three psychics, get kidnapped and escape death a billion times. You never expected to fall for a psychic, let alone him fall for you. Someone so cold and distant from everyone.

As your mind wandered, you remembered the time Saiki brought you out of the mansion basement in his arms. The way his stern and concentrated face looked straight forward as he carried you away. The way he brought the structure to pieces behind you, seeking revenge for hurting you. You sighed, falling into peaceful slumber.

*

"Alright class! The finals are coming and that means I want every single one of you to score in the top 50." Your home room teacher announced cheerfully. The class obviously did not take it seriously.
"Come on, guys! The teacher has bestowed upon us such an amazing expectation that we absolutely can not disappoint him!"
Tears escaped Mr. Takumi's eyes in happiness. Hairo, you're such a great student! (Mr. Takumi)
"I have no need to perform well in my studies. I'll simply live rich until I die!" Saiko countered, laughing evilly.
"That does not stop you from performing well! It's more of a reason to actually. Imagine being rich and smart, Saiko! Girls will line up for you!" Hairo continued his convincing until he got the whole class hyped up.

I could easily get in the top 50 if I wanted to. Except I don't want to. Like always, I'll score right in the middle with an average grade. Saiki relaxed.
Okay, it's time to start studying harder than before! All this Kusuke and Kusuo affair has been messing with my daily routine but now that it's gone, I can finally start studying again. I want to get a good score so I can go to a good college and get a good job to earn lots of money for mother! You nodded.
Saiki raised an eyebrow.
I see. I guess it couldn't hurt to study together. For her mother's sake of course. Anyone who respects their mother gets my respect.