maybe i'm not all that

"You're together?!" Teru asked, delighted with the outcome. God always listens to me. (Teru)
Maybe there is a God.
"About time!" Yume joined in, a sneaky smirk on her face. I bet they've kissed! (Yume)
We have not.
"Saiki, my best pal! You're so old now," Nendo slapped Saiki's back multiple times while holding back tears and sniffling.
We're the same age!
The rest of the class was excited, nudging the two of you while teasing about cliché couple things. Toritsuka was the most curious.
Have you held hands?
No. (yes) Toritsuka
Have you kissed? Of course, you've done that much!
We haven't. Toritsuka
Have you seen her naked?
I will kill you. Toritsuka
Sorry, sorry. I'm just joking.
No, you're not. Toritsuka
Well then, have you?

A thud interrupted your conversation with the girls as Toritsuka's face hit the wall. Saiki stood next to him, seeming oblivious to what happened.
"Anyway..." you continued.

My bad, Saiki. Have you done the deed though?
Do you have a death wish? Toritsuka
No, please! I'm just a curious teenager, you know how it is! I can't control these thoughts.
Saiki sighed. He concluded that answering his questions would be the only way to shut him up. Any other method is either unethical, illegal or temporary.

We have hugged, we have held hands but we have not kissed. You can figure the rest out. Toritsuka

Bro, you haven't even kissed her?
Saiki turned his head in annoyance, a dark shadow looming down on him.
Sorry! I'll leave now before I get sent to another dimension.

*

"Hey! What was Toritsuka asking?" You asked curiously, swinging your legs back and forth on the edge of Saiki's bed.
Nothing. you
"Okay. I totally forgot to ask but did Kusuke return to England?"
Yes. you
"I see. I thought our second date was strange because I recall nothing from it! I thought I'd ask him but he's gone." You sighed, facing the ceiling of his room.

"Do you want to kiss?"
What?
Do I wanna what?
What did he say?
Do I? Kiss? What's a kiss?
Huh? No. My mind must be playing tricks.
Kiss? Yes, I do.
No, that's too casual.
Kiss? Of course!
No, that sounds desperate.
Why? Do you?
No, I should just say-
Good grief.
Your thoughts were interrupted as he pressed his soft lips firmly onto yours. You fell back on your elbows on his bed as he leaned forward, resting his arms next to you and his leg between yours on the bed for support.

You rested into the kiss, bringing your hand on his cheek. When you pulled apart, he was facing away with his hand covering half of his face in embarrassment.
Oh my god. He just kissed me.
Instantly, you brought your hands up to your face, forgetting that they were holding you up. As you realised, your back made its way down onto the bed. While bracing for impact, you felt his arm wrap around you to stop the fall.
Silly girl. you

Your face turned a darker shade of pink, pushing him off in embarrassment and running to the other side of the room. He chuckled which then turned slightly into a soft laugh.
Woah.
For the first time in his life, Kusuo Saiki felt like he wasn't the most unhappy person in the whole world.