the real prize

"Hi brother."
Saiki turned around quickly to face the voice but found no one behind him.
"Not there." He heard his brother tease again.
He teleported back to his room, searching for the culprit.
"Hint! I'm in your head."
Impossible.
"Possible. Remember that factory you and your girlfriend went to for coffee jelly? Well, while you were busy chomping down on the goodies, the chip I planted in the jelly was making its way into your system."
I would've definitely noticed if a foreign object entered my body.
"Don't underestimate your big brother, Ku. The chip is as small as a blood cell and like a blood cell, it's finally made it into your brain."
Say you're not bluffing right now. Why haven't you removed my memories yet?
"Simple. I am bluffing."
Kusuke emerged from behind the door, holding a device in his hand. He continued his explanation.
"Truth is, I didn't come here to challenge your girlfriend or plant the chip to remove your memory."
Saiki noticed instantly as his brother entered the door.
"I came for those earrings of hers."

*

"Just kidding!" Kusuke's voice mocked through your phone after your conversation.
"Hey, wait! What was the point of that?" You spoke.
"Just a little psychology test to see how you'd respond. Although you're not a psychic or a genius, you jumped on that challenge like you could actually defeat me. I can't tell if you're brave or dumb but you're at least interesting."
There was some truth to what Kusuke had told you. However, his real reason was to distract you and your psychic 'boyfriend' as he retrieved your earrings.

Tsk.

*

"Those aren't yours." Saiki spoke, crushing the device his brother had planted in him. He had to communicate through his voice now that he could no longer send him telepathic messages. What a nuisance.
"Don't worry, lil bro. I'm only borrowing them. Once I extract the information from these stones, I'll return them safely to their rightful owner."
Saiki scoffed.
Good grief. I don't have time for this.
"Do what you want but make sure she gets them back. You have 2 hours." He addressed his brother coldly, slamming the door.

"So cold. I'll have you know I only need 1 hour!" Kusuke pouted.
That girl is interesting. I wonder if she can make me fall in love with her too. Unlikely but if she's got Kusuo in her grasps then not impossible.