a new challenger presents itself

You and Saiki conversed in your room, sitting on the edge of your bed. He updated you on his brother's plan.
"Are you really okay with what he's doing? What if you lose your win streak?"
I won't. you
"You know for a second, I got scared. Without the series of unfortunate events that took place with my earrings, we would've never gotten this close. I had no idea how I was going to make you like me in one week!" You sighed, spreading your arms out and sprawling yourself on your bed with a soft thud.
"Your brother is so cruel for that!" You pouted, punching the air. You got up again, facing Saiki.
"We should get him back!" The same look from the party plastered on your face, the look of sinister excitement when you had something sneaky planned. Saiki nodded.
"Except he's a genius and I have nothing planned." You sighed again, resting your forehead on his shoulder in defeat.

Saiki enjoyed your timeless ramblings and random conclusions. He liked hearing you speak and he thought every expression your face painted was adorable. He'd never admit it though.
You poked him.
"What's with you and zoning out these days?" You crossed your arms.
Sorry. you
You heard a knock at your door and then it burst open, the blonde haired genius barging in.
"Kusuo! I challenge you!" was the first thing he announced upon his arrival. You rolled your eyes, clinging onto Saiki's arm.
Not this again.

"You." Kusuke pointed directly at you. Saiki outreached his arm in front of you, shielding you from whatever his brother had up his sleeve.
"I'll make you mine!" was his second announcement.
Huh?
Eh?

"Your most prized possession, isn't she?" He faced Kusuo.
"If I can get her to like me better in a week, it will not only be my first win but your biggest loss. It'll make up for all the times I've lost!"
No way will she agree to that. No way I'll agree to it, either.

Your laughing broke the tension between the two brothers. You wiped the tear off your eye.
"You really think you can make me fall for you? You're stuck up, selfish and weirdly masochistic! There isn't a loveable bone in your body." Nothing you said hurt the genius, but as you spoke he made his way towards you. When you finished, he held your chin and situated it to face him. The other placed the earrings into your palm. He leaned in as he spoke.
"You love it."

Your eyes widened, you could smell the cologne and his strawberry breath compliment each other. His hands were as soft as you'd imagine clouds to be and his voice soothed every part of your mind and body. His eyes stared into yours with longing and suddenly everything you said felt meaningless, weightless against his angelic being.

You shoved him off, facing to the side in surprise.
What the hell was that?
"I've studied human behaviour since I could walk. I know exactly what strings to pull to make anyone fall in love with me because it's really all a chemical reaction in the brain. Science beats all, Kusuo." He smirked towards Ku who glared back, his anger radiant in his face. Kusuo put his hand on his brother's chest, pushing him away from you.

"She's not a toy or one of your science experiments, Kusuke. I'm not gonna use her to win some stupid challenge against you." Kusuo's words had weight, piercing into his big brother's heart.
"You can take the win. Leave her out of this."

"Eh??!! You can't be serious, brother! Don't give me the win that easily! That's no fun," He whined as he clung onto Kusuo's arm, shaking it in desperation.
"It's okay, Ku. I like a good challenge." He looked over at you with an eyebrow raised.
Good grief. My brother and the girl I like are both masochists. He sighed, speaking once more.
"3 days. I'll give you three days. I don't want to deal with all this for a whole week."
"You got it, Kusuo!" I won't even need that long! (Kusuke)