day 2

A bowl of cake mix in hand, you ran to answer the door which had been knocked on a second before. Your apron drooped against your knees. The delivery man gave you a big smile as he handed you the box wrapped in heart filled glossy wrapping paper.
"You're a lucky girl!" He said as he waved goodbye.
You'd be surprised.

The box was heavier than you'd expected, weighing your arm down when you took it from him. You finished your preparation for the cake you were baking for Saiki and dried off your washed hands as you opened up the package.
It was a beautiful evening gown, long and heavy, which probably meant it was extremely costly.
Kusuke, you've outdone yourself.
With it was attached a note.
'Just an option should you choose to wear it. Dinner at 8, I will pick you up.- Kusuke'

You smiled, the politeness radiated from the pastel pink note like a piece of innocence. You felt like the main character of a romance novel. It was nice.

*

8pm always came quick on a Sunday evening. You spent the day baking the cake and delivering it to Saiki's house. You had tea with his mum as the two of you discussed Kusuke's strange attention towards you.
"It's really nothing!" You managed to convince her.

As you tied the corset back of the elegant and heavy gown, you analysed yourself in the mirror. You felt confident and beautiful.
If only Saiki could see me right now. You giggled, embarrassed at your thoughts.
Good grief. Saiki smiled as he used his Clairvoyance to see what you were up to.
It's not creepy! I'm just being cautious because Kusuke's set on winning.
He thought you looked wonderful.

*

"So tell me, why Kusuo?" Kusuke's voice was soft against the quiet music that played in the restaurant. Like before, he had rented the place out for the night as he wanted it to be just the two of you. You played with your food, swirling it around with your fork and watching it move around the rounded plate as you began your response.
"He's sweet. Although he acts like he doesn't care about other people, he really does. He looks out for everyone close to him especially when they have good intentions."
Why am I telling him this?
"He appreciates the little things that people do for him because he doesn't expect much from anyone."
Hold on. This is none of his business.
"Since he's a psychic and all, it must be really hard for him to be a normal teenager so the fact that he can retain all his good morals is really cool!"
Good grief. Saiki laid on the rooftop of the restaurant, listening closely to your explanation.

You put your fork down, your eyes focused on the blond in front of you.
"What did you do?"
His eyebrows raised. I'm impressed she was able to figure it out so soon. (Kusuke)
"It's only a small amount of truth serum. Just to find out what you're planning with Kusuo and his powers."
Your eyes widened, your hands slammed on the table as you stood up, rattling the silverware around in their spots.
"You drugged me?!"
"I wouldn't do that if I were you! Sudden movements can cause..."
His speech sounded slurred in your head as the room started spinning around you. Your vision gave in, the world turning into blobs of colour. Your legs gave in next, causing you to fall forward as you lost consciousness.
"...side effects." Kusuke finished as his brother teleported in front of him. Your head rested on his chest, breaking your fall.

"You're insane if you think she'll like you after this." Kusuo side eyed his brother who returned his gaze with a smirk.
"That is if she happens to even remember it." He countered. Of course, I came prepared. She won't remember anything after 8pm by tomorrow. (Kusuke)

Kusuo scoffed. He wrapped your limp arm around his neck, lifting you off your feet into his arms. In a split second, the two of you vanished from the restaurant, landing safely in your dimly lit room.
I'm sorry for bringing you into this. you
He rested you gently on your bed, his hand brushing your hair out of your face. The moonlight shone through your window onto your peaceful sleeping face, showering you in its light.
The moon is beautiful, isn't it? you
He brushed the back of his hand against your cheek before disappearing at the sound of your mother making her way upstairs. As you opened your eyes slightly to see if he was really there, you were met with emptiness.
I thought I heard Kusuo. I must've imagined it.

Your mother entered your room, seeing your sleeping body still dressed in the gown and untouched makeup. She shook her head as she helped your drowsy, half-awake self change out of the dress and into your nightgown. This girl. (mother)