limits

The class crowded around the score board displaying the results. Everyone was nudging and pushing to get a peek. To your surprise, no one had once pushed or bumped into you despite your height. Saiki made sure of that.

It was unrealistic to assume that everyone in your class would get in the top 50 but a very large amount made the cut which made your homeroom teacher more than ecstatic. You held your proud position of #3.

After school, you gathered with Saiki outside the school gates.
"We have to celebrate!" You hopped on the spot in excitement. It's the first time I've been in single digits. I'm normally 10th-13th but not this time! You internally celebrated.
Let's go. you. He held out his hand. I know a place.

The two of you sat across each other in a place much too familiar to you. Nostalgia crept its way into your chest. The customers buzzed quietly in their chatter and the bell occasionally rang to signal the entrance of a new customer. The first place the two of you went on the day that you lost your earrings. The very place where you witnessed his satisfaction over coffee jelly. The place that began it all.

You were content. You could feel it in your heart. A feeling of joy, love and gratefulness. You hadn't felt like this before.
I'm proud of you. you
He broke your train of thought, causing you to look up at him in surprise.
"Thank you!"
You played with the edge of the tablecloth, nervous. Too nervous to realise the boy making his way closer. When you felt the pressure of his stare, you looked up to face him, only just realising that he was now inches away from your face.

His lips made contact with yours for the second time. It was longer this time. You brought your hand onto his cheek, warm to the touch. It felt like you were levitating.
You were.
It wasn't long before you realised that you had lifted off the seat, grabbing onto Saiki who instantly snapped out of the kiss and brought the two of you crashing back down to your seats.

I'm sorry about that. I still don't know the limits of my powers and strong feelings or emotions can trigger parts of me that I haven't seen before. you
"It's okay, Ku." You brought your hand to his hair, pushing his bangs away from his forehead and leaning in for a small peck.
"We'll figure it out along the way. We're in it together, after all." You reassured him. He smiled, gently tapping his forehead on yours.