chapter 2

Stepping into a dark cave, the urge to look further unsettling me. I feel drawn to this place, for reasons I do not know. Stepping further, an entire room filled with items came into view. I could hear my name being called.

(Name)...

I stepped into the cave with caution, careful not to attract attention from unwanted sources. Inside the cave was a bunch of lost treasure. Tree roots grew in the middle of the room, things hanging from it.

(Name)...

Where the moonlight came in, it spotlighted what looked to be a black wheelchair. On the seat sat a bottle decorated with gems. With no freewill, I stepped closer.

Be one of us...

My fingers delicately wrapped around the bottle, picking it up. I examined the glass in my hands. There was something off about it.

Drink..

Popping open the bottle, I brought it closer to my face. Taking a whiff of the contents, I smelled something rotten. Pulling it away, I put my hand around my mouth gagging.

Come on Princess...

We love you

Join us for eternity

If you won't drink, we'll do it another way.

Whipping my head around, a pair of golden eyes and fangs come in contact with my neck. I scream bloody murder, tears flooding my face.

"(Name)!"

I woke up to Colson towering over my sweating body, shaking me awake. I look around and see that I'm in my room. It was just a dream.

I breath a sigh of relief, happy it wasn't real. Colson has a look of worry on his face and I assure him I'm okay.

The telephone starts to ring and I get up to answer. Taking the phone off the hook, I press it to my ear. "Hello?"

"Hey, where are you?"

Oh crap. I was supposed to meet Janis and Bea at the concert. "I'm on my way."

"Okay, well it's getting good, Nikki Sixx just took off his shirt, woo boy"

I chuckle and hang up. I look at my sweats and paint stained t-shirt and cringe. Racing towards my room, I'm desperate to find something cute to wear.

I open my closet and look over at Roger, the bunny who invaded our home and my heart. "What should I wear, Rog?"

His nose twitches and I gasp. "You're right. That blue plaid skirt would look good."

I dress in black pantyhose styling them with black combat boots, wearing a blue plaid skirt with a baggy dark blue sweater with a white dress shirt underneath. For jewelry, I wear my silver cross necklace I got from my uncle and two silver rings. I tie my hair up/leave it down and put on my glasses.

I check myself out in the mirror and dare I say it, I look good. I kiss Roger on the head and grab my purse. Becca already left so, I have to walk, which I don't mind.

I wave goodbye to Colson and Papa and head out to have one of the craziest nights of my life.

And let me tell you, it was gonna get weird.

//////

Showing up at the boardwalk, it was busy and alive as usual. I scan through the crowds til I see Becca arguing with Janis. I squint my eyes and make my way over to them.