chapter 11

"(Name). What are you doing here? How-how did you get my address?" Ben asked nervously. I brushed his off behavior aside and began rambling.

"Look Ben. I was a bit harsh. I'm really sorry about the hallway I was upset and all I wanted was to go home and crawl into my bed, the point is you're a good friend and I shouldn't have said that to you." I take a breath after I'm done.

He smirks a bit but covers it by smiling warmly. He steps outside and motions for us to sit on the porch swing. We sit together and he sighs.

"Let's talk."

So we did. We talked about everything. I told him about the boys, but left out the vampire bit, as to he told me about his past three weeks. "It's been brutal." He huffs.

He looks down as I look at his face. Someone sure did a number on him. I gulped. "Hey Ben?"

He hummed in response looking at me. "Who did that to your face?" He clicks his tongue. "That I can't tell you."

"Why?" I questioned. "Because if I told you, I'd be dead and you'd be very upset." I pried more. "Benji you have to tell me who did this."

He runs a hand through his hair. "Okay I'll tell you. But only if you promise not to tell Jan or Bea or Ian." I nodded. "I promise."

He let out a deep breath and looked at me in my eyes.

~The night before~

The boys whooped and cheered as they walked up the cliff to the entrance to their home. The night had gone perfectly and there was many nights to come where they would have more time with their gorgeous mate.

Paul took a hit from the blunt and laughed. "You know what? Benji can suck my right ball sack. We got (Name). He didn't. HA-"

"Paul that's not very nice."

They all snapped their heads to Benji leaning on the railing smoking a cigarette. He gave a deadly smile and clapped. "Bravo! I must say, didn't think she was ever gonna kiss you rotten vamps. I guess she must have bad taste."

Marko was about to lunge when David held his hand to his chest signaling for him to wait. He whispered. "Not yet."

Dwayne gave a glare. "What do you want Ben?" He gave a sarcastic smile. "Well isn't it obvious?" He pushed himself off the rail and stepped carefully towards the boys.

"I want my meal."

Paul socked him in the face, against the wishes of David, and Marko pulled him back. Benji stumbled up off the ground and spit out black blood. He wiped his mouth and hissed at the boys. "You're gonna regret that."

"You can't touch her. She isn't yours, so stay away." Dwayne spits. He cackles. "See this is why vamps are stupid. You didn't mark her genius. Which means she's up for grabs."

Marko's heart dropped. As much as he hated to admit it, Ben was right. David could feel his brothers worry. He himself was worried. They had to act fast.

"We'll kill you before you even get a chance to speak to her." David calmly spoke. Benji smirks.

"We'll see. Honestly at this point, you should just give her to me. Save you all the trouble."

All at once, they're eyes turned dark. They looked at each other before looking over at Benji.

"Fuck it." Marko and Paul say in unison. Paul appeared behind Benji and held his arms up. David and Marko grabbed his jacket and punched him.

He tried to squirm away but to no avail. Dwayne held him in place and uppercutted him in his stomach. Disgusted, Paul pushed him to the ground.

He looked up in fear and stumbled to leave. They circled him to stop his efforts and gave a dark smile.

~Present~

"They did that to you?"

I couldn't believe it. Benji was just trying to be nice and they jumped him. For no reason!

Benji let out a sigh. "I know. I know. All I wanted was my friends back. Maybe I deserved it."

I shook my head. "No, no you didn't. No one ever deserves this." I put my hand on his shoulder. He smiled warmly at me. He started to lean closer to my face.

Confused, I shifted my head back. He paused. He cleared his throat and leaned back in his chair. His eyes not meeting mine.

"S-sorry. You're just so beautiful."

"Ok." I awkwardly said. Grabbing my bag, I left not saying goodbye. Why was he trying to kiss me? What was he thinking?

Ugh. Men.

◇◇◇

"Paul, shut the fuck up."

The four vampires were waiting inside her room. They expected her to show up to the cave, but they haven't seen her all night.

"No man, listen." He demands. "We shouldn't have beat up Ben. He could've kept those wounds we gave him and told her what we did."

Dwayne snorts. "Like she'd ever believe him."

"But that's the thing. How do we know-"

"She's alive." David growled. He didn't just guess, he knew this for a fact. He could feel her beating heart. If she was dead or in danger, they would feel it.

Marko was sitting on her bed with Roger sitting in his lap. He was petting him, watching him twitch his little nose. He was the most worried out of the bunch. He was already anxious about this since the beginning.

This just made it worse.

They heard a click at the front door and fell silent. David peeked through the door to see a raging (Name). Normally, she would be sad or happy. No, she was pissed.

She threw off her shoes and tossed them in a closet. She stomped towards to her room and before she could reach the door he opened it wide.

"Where were-"

'Slap!'

The sound bounced off the walls. David held his burning cheek. Shocked at the fact she slapped him, he looked to her for an explanation.

What he got was a red face, tear marks running down her cheeks. She started breathing heavily and realized what she did. She looked down and clenched her fists.

Marko jumped off her bed and made his way to see her. His skin burned from her hot boiling rage. He tried to sooth her.

"Princess, what's wrong?" He gently asked her. He grabbed both sides of her arms loosely, which made her wince.

"Get the fuck out of my house. I never want to see you again. The deal is off."

(1107 words)