chapter 14

empty.

that's exactly how i felt when i woke up.

everything in my body felt numb. i couldn't bare to look at anything else but the ceiling in my bedroom.

i barely remember that night. probably from my brain trying to block out as much as it can.

but i do remember seeing them.

i remember watching them kill them. watching them clean me up. cry over me. talk about how they should've been there. carry me home.

i watched it all.

when i got home, my dad immediately called the police. Colson was crying over my state and was trying his best to take care of me.

Becca was trying her best to comfort me the best she knew how. sometimes she'd lay in bed with me and bring up old memories.

my mom.

she did what she does best.

drink and smoke on our couch.

when she saw me she was screaming and crying. after that night she hasn't seen me once or comforted me in any way.

it didn't bother me as much. i was used to it by now.

i ate small meals. i only left my room to go to the bathroom or a glass of water. other than that I've been laying in my room with Roger.

all i could think about was them however. i kept questioning it. why did they save me? why didn't they r*pe me themselves? why didn't they kill me? why didn't they take me back to the cave?

why, why, why?

but i knew i had to talk to them. i need to know why.

also at the same time i didn't want to see them. this 'mating pull' would come into play and i couldn't let them win so easily.

but at the same time she did need them.

i had slept all day and the stars had made its way into the sky. she got up from her bed and sat in her window pane. she looked up into the night and her eyes twinkled as she did.

she sighed and crossed her legs. she looked out in her neighborhood.

it was a quiet little suburb. nothing too wild. very middle class. very decent. no noise complaints. no anything. almost as if no one was out here.

her eyes moved over to the street where something interesting caught her eye. a bike. a motorbike.

she knew.

she knew exactly what that meant.

"i know you're out there."

silence. the wind stopped. almost like a record scratch.

she inhaled a shaky breath.

"i don't want you to come out. stay where you are. please."

still nothing. peaceful nothing.

"thank you."

the wind picked up again. a nice cool breeze.

"i don't know what will happen from here. but i know i can't stay away for ever."

the tresses danced with the wind. almost as if it was full of joy.

"good night boys."

with that said, she closed her window and went back into her room. she cuddled into the blankets with her best friend and shut the rest of the world out.

◇◇◇

Dwaynes heart skipped with every word that came out of her mouth. he smiled so brightly as he burst into the dark air.

they haven't lost her.

he couldn't wait to tell the boys. they would be so overjoyed.

◇◇◇