chapter 15

Three Months Later

everything will be ok. 

just breathe.

in and out.

slowly.

"Bea i don't think the dress fits."

i pulled back the curtains of the dressing room and tugged the pink dress off. 

my red-headed friend groaned. "that's like the fourth one! are you sure you haven't gained any weight?"

spending two months in my room with Roger, eating junk and doing nothing but reading and watching cartoons would certainly seem like an answer. 

or maybe because this dress shop isn't body positive. 

"i don't know. maybe we do have to go up a size."

she nodded and went to go pick out more dresses for us. Prom was just around the corner and i wanted to go. something normal for once. all four of us are going. me, Ian, Bea, and Janis. and Benji was coming along to. 

Colson asked Bea to go and she happily accepted. Ian was going with Janis only because he didn't want his football buddies finding out he was dating a dude. it made him sad but he knew he had to. and Janis just wants to have fun.

Janis stepped out of her stall in a black long dress with leg slits coming up both sides. she whistled. "lemme add ripped up fishnets and my boots and we've got ourselves a fit."

i smiled. "looks great Jan." 

she looked at me and raised a brow. "still no dress?" i looked down. "nah. it's ok Bea went to go get more."

she nodded. she looked down and whistled lowly. "nice ass.

i chuckled and shooed her away. Bea came back with more dresses and handed me two. Jan plopped on the vintage couch and waited for us. 

"so (Name)?"

i hummed.

"you going with Benny boy?"

i scoffed. "hell no. sorry ladies but he ain't my type." they both laughed. "what is your type huh? bikers? hair metal idiots?"

i recently had confided in Bea and Janis about the boys. at first the thought i was lying, but once they realized i was serious, they both hugged me. Bea was sour about the fact that her brothers were right about vampires. i would be too.

"i don't know maybe.."

"(Name), you should be more cautious about them. i mean when was the last time you've even spoken to them?"

i thought about that. i've seen them outside my window. sometimes in the trees. but i've never spoken to them since. "three months."

i tried on the blue one she gave me. it looked like rubber. i mentally gagged and tried on something else. 

"maybe you should invite them to Prom."

i froze. would that even work..?

"it was a joke (Name) we aren't inviting blood sucking vampires to a high school dance."

i knew that.

i zipped up the dress and took a nice good look. i smiled.

this was the dress.

////////

that night i sat in my window sill and read 'stand by me'.

the sound of the engine was heard. i closed my book and looked out in the street. nothing. i swallowed my pride and turned off my lamp. 

no more hiding.

i opened my door and stepped out in the night air. i looked around for them. i knew they were here. i stopped on the side of the street. looking on both sides, i caught their bikes on the left side. 

i walked over to their bikes. as i did, my heart started racing faster and faster. 

reaching their bikes, i studied them. each one described their personalities perfectly. i smiled at that. 

"David? Paul?"

i called, no one answered. i let out a breathe of worry. "i want to talk. please."

"you do?"

i yelped and turned around to see a teary eyed Marko. he looked happy to see me. i smiled at him. "hi Mark-"

before i could finish my sentence, engulfed me in a hug. "i missed you so m-much." he sobbed. i hugged him back and he squeezed me tighter. 

"i know. i missed you too." 

he pulled back to look at my face. "you mean it?"

i nodded my head and smiled brightly at him. he rested his forehead on mine and laughed. i looked behind him to see David standing there looking bewildered. i let go of Marko and made my way towards him. 

"(Name)? what are you doing out of your room? you're not gonna slap me again are yo-"

"David shut the hell up and hug me."

i leaped into his arms to which he immediately caught me. i wrapped my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist. he buried his face in my shoulder and held onto me for dear life. 

"i'm sorry i slapped you.."

he laughed. "it's ok. i probably deserved it babe."

i laughed with him and he let me down on the ground. i looked up at him and he tucked a piece of hair between my ears. he cooed. "cutie."

"PRINCESS!"

i looked behind David to see Paul and Dwayne. i smiled brightly and ran to them. surprised they ran into me and tackled me in a hug. they kept saying how much they missed me and how adorable i looked. 

when they finally let me go, Paul gave me a look over. he smirked. "nice ass babe."

i playfully rolled my eyes. "you're a pi-"

"David? who is this?"