chapter 7

That night after everything that happened, they left me after I promised I'd meet them tomorrow night.

I slept peacefully. No nightmares like I've had the past three months. Just pure bliss.

I woke up to the phone ringing. I got up out of bed sleepily and answered. "..hello?"

'Hi this is Alan, Beatrice's older brother.'

I stood up straighter to that. Bea told me that her brothers were vampire obsessed. As in, they hated them deeply and wanted kill all of them.

I took a deep breath. "H-how can I help you?"

'Me and my brother Edgar were wondering if you could come over to our comic shop later tonight.'

My heart started beating louder. "U-uh..I actually can't. I've got c-chores to do."

That was a lie. Well, a fib. I was meeting with the boys tonight and I don't think they'd like me ditching them for other boys. Even if one of them was gay.

He was silent for a few minutes. Then he took a deep breath. 'How about this afternoon?'

"May I ask why I need to come over?"

'We just wanna ask you some questions about the four men you, Beatrice, and Janis were with three weeks ago. It's no big deal, just wanna make sure you girls are safe.'

I knew full well that they couldn't help me with my problem. The last thing I need to do is upset the four men.

I shakily answer. "I'm sorry but no. Please don't call here again."

He couldn't have heard me I was so soft-spoken. I hung up the phone and my lip started to quiver.

I broke down in sobs. My bare butt hit the floor against the wall and I cried into my hands.

/////

In the deep dark cave, four vampires hung from the ceiling. All of them deep into sleep, one might assume they were dead.

The youngest out of them, Marko, felt a pain in his chest. He awoke from his slumber and heard distant cries.

They got louder as he became more and more awake. He jumped down from the beam and looked around the cave.

Nobody besides them were there. But he could hear those cries plain as day. They were coming from a girl.

He could feel her hurt. Her pain. He himself let a tear roll down his cheek.

Right then and there he realized..

His mate was crying.

/////

I sniffled and wiped my tears. I was probably crying for a good 10 minutes. I stared at the ceiling, my expression emotionless.

I looked at the clock. It was ten in the morning. I got up and went into my room.

I went to my stereo and popped in a cassette tape. Queens 'don't stop me now' filled the air of my bedroom.

I smiled as the intro began. I swayed my hips a bit and cleaned to the rhythm of the music.

I began to sing along to the music.

/////

Dwayne awoke to the sound of a song. Faintly, he could hear Queen playing. He got down from the ceiling and listened closely for it.

'Rocket ship on my way to marsss~'

It was a feminine voice. A young girl singing. He looked over at Marko who was dancing and smiling while laughing.

He gripped his brothers shoulders and beamed. "SHE'S HAPPY DWAYNE."

He was confused at first. Marko spoke up again. "Just listen man."

'Burning through the sky yeahh~"

Was that..?

'Two hundred degrees, that's why they call me Mr. Fahrenheittt!'

It was her.

And she was singing. He could feel her emotions. She was happy.

He smiled and laughed along with Marko. They danced around and enjoyed the off-key singing coming from their beloved.

/////

I finished cleaning through a one side of her queen cassette tape. Once i was finished i got in the shower and rinsed off.

I washed everything and turned off the water. Once I did, I put on a dry towel and entered my room.

I sat down in front of my vanity mirror and picked up my brush and combed through my hair.

Becca came in and started looking all over my room. I looked at her. "Hey Becca. Is everything OK?"

She didn't look up at me as she kept searching. "Where's that necklace uncle John gave you?"

She was looking for the silver cross I always wear. No way was she getting it.

"You can't have it."

She looked at me. "...what?"

I looked at her sternly. "Uncle gave it to me. It's mine, not yours Becca. You can't have it."

She started to grow upset. Becca left the room in a dramatic manner. She made sure to slam my door which caused me to jump.

I sighed and took my necklace out of my drawer. It was a beautiful silver necklace. It was gift for my 15th birthday. Right after we planned to move to Santa Carla.

(1011 words)

(hope u have a good night or day lovelies 💕)