𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙁𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣 - 𝐁𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐬

Everyone was in the locker room, especially Lewis & Mrs. Conway. They were sitting on a bench, wondering what this meeting could be about. Bombay then pulled out a jersey that said "Ducks" on it with the colors Green & Yellow. The colors really did make it stand out though.

"Bombay, please don't tell me that we're about to be the Ducks...", Sania said raising her eyebrows at him.

Bombay chuckled & nodded her, saying that that was what we were gonna be.

"The ducks?", Jesse said making he wasn't blind when reading the jersey.

"We're the ducks?", he said not really feeling it.

"Man, what brain-dead jerk came up with that name?", Peter asked joking around & laughing.

I got up & smacked Peter on the back of his head. "It was Bombay you dingus, now don't be rude.", I said rolling my eyes & sitting back down in between Willow & Sania.

"You're right Ariana, as a matter of fact I did.", Bombay commented.

"Really? Wow.", Sania said being uninterested at all. I then nudged her to be quiet, laughing.

"But I didn't have a choice. We're being sponsored.", Bombay told us.

"By who? Donald and Daisy?", Averman joked which caused all of us to laugh. I tried to hold my laugh in, but I couldn't.
I laughed so hard that I fell off the bench on my butt.

"Good lord, I can't breathe. Hold on, let me get up.", I said getting up & sitting back down.

"Hey, you don't wanna be ducks? You'd rather be District Five? Some stupid number?", Bombay asked us.

"Better than some stupid animal.", Peter replied.

"Hey, I'm offended by that you moron! I love ducks.", Willow said smacking the back of his head also, which made his cap fall off.

Peter glared at her & put his cap back on. "Well, I guess I'll go cook up some ducks.", Peter said smirking.

That made her mad, so she stomped on his foot & pulled his hair a little bit. "Ow girl!", he said struggling to get her to stop. Me & Sania then grabbed her by her arms & held her back.

"You two stop it, especially you Peter! And I'll have you know that the duck is one of the most noble, agile and intelligent creatures of the animal kingdom.", Bombay explained.

Sania & Willow both then stood up & clapped. "Preach Bombay Preach!", Sania said.

"As you should sir!", Willow said after Sania.

We all looked at them as if they were crazy.

Bombay sighed. "Girls, sit down. Not the the time to be calling me a pastor.", he said in a serious tone.

I tried not to laugh & as they both sat back down. "Barnacles...", Sania said.

Connie looked at Bombay in confusion. "But they're wimpy.", she said.

"Connie hush, no they ain't.", Sania said nudging her shoulder.

"Also they don't even have teeth.", Guy also replied.

"Neither do hockey players.", Bombay teased. Some of us laughed when he said that.

...
Bombay was then walking around a little. "Have you guys ever seen a flock of ducks flying in perfect formation?", Bombay asked us sounding like a teacher.

"No, not really. But I bet it's mesmerizing to see.", I said.

"It's beautiful. Pretty awesome the way they all stick together.", Bombay said trying to convince us to be a duck.

"He does have a point right there you guys.", I said speaking facts.

"Ducks never die. Ever seen a duck fight? No way. Why? Because the other animals are afraid. They know that it they mess with one duck, they gotta deal with the whole flock.", Bombay said explaining to us about ducks.

Bombay took off his coat & scarf, revealing himself wearing a ducks jersey.

"Oh my lord, hide me please.", Sania said hiding in my shoulder.

"Sania hush. You're being dramatic there girl.", I nudged her shoulder & laughed.

Mostly everyone started to cringe & laugh a little.

"Oh man!"

"I'm proud to be a duck. And I'd be proud to fly with any one of you.", Bombay said pointing at all of us.

Me, Sania & Willow looked at each other, deciding if we should become ducks or not. Everyone else was doing the same as well.

"I mean, being District Five is a boring name for a team. We should step up a notch for people to know who we are.", I said to the girls.

Willow & Sania nodded in agreement. "We agree with you Ari.", Sania said.

"So how about it? Who's a duck?", Bombay asked us.

"I'll be a duck.", Fulton protested.

"Us three too.", I said while Willow & Sania locked their arms into mine, acting like we were a trio. We three then walked over to the box & got our jerseys.

I found my last name on one of the jerseys. I picked it up & turned it around to see my last name "Garza" & #98 on the back. It looked pretty cool to be honest.

Willow's jersey said her last name on the back also, which was "Nieto", & her number was #97. Which was a number behind me. That was pretty cool also.

"Yeah. Me too.", Charlie smiled, handing his stick over to his mom.

Everyone soon got up & grabbed their jersey with their last name & number, talking about how cool they were.

...

"Anybody seen Goldberg?", Peter asked.

Me, Willow & Sania noticed that Bombay was looking at Mrs. Conway, smirking at her. She smiled back blushing.

We girls & Charlie definitely need to get them together.

"Now we're the Ducks!", Bombay yelled excitedly.

"Yayyy!", I cheered giving Willow & Sania a hug.

"The Mighty Ducks!", Bombay yelled again getting pumped up.

"What are we!?"

"The Ducks!", we yelled all together.

Wow. I'm so glad that me & Willow decided to join this team. We honestly didn't expect to make new friends, especially our newest bestie Sania, but I'm glad we did. We don't ever wanna stop being friends with them, not ever.